Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake report July 4th
Uncleray and I fished Utah lake on the west side below Pelican point. It turned out to be a day full of comedy and errors. We started out chasing carp trying to catch them by hand and that was funny to watch had one swin between my legs and ended up getting splashed in the face by it. Then we rowed the inflatable out about 1000 feet but could only get into 3 feet of water but that turned out to be enough. Anchored the boat and started fishing using a whisker sticker hook with shrimp tipped with a crawler. Started catching bullheads right away, then started to hit the channels. Ended up with 3 channels 21-22" and all ranging inthe 3-4lb range. A total of 5 channels all together and about 10-15 bulls. Along the way I dropped my pole in the water and had to plop out of the boat and ended up standing on it then one of the big channels I caught poked a hole in the bottom of the inflatable with and I just happened to have a patch kit in the tackle box. All in all what a day!
[signature]
Too bad no one took a video of you guys![cool]
[signature]
FFM that sounds like one of my days. But hey, their fun to look back at and laugh about. Yeah you have to get quite aways off shore to get 4 1/2' deep. Its good to hear you caught a few kitties though. I was in that area tubin' both Saturday and Sunday mornings and did pretty good on Channels. No monsters, all about the same as you got.
[signature]
Way to go FFM - glad to see your expanding your horizons and having fun at the same time. Utah lake is the only place I have fished where you can walk out a 100 yards and still be in less than 3' of water.

Hope the salsa crop is doing well this year and your doing the same.

Tight Lines and good fishing...
[signature]
Yo Lundy, got a new breed of Salsa, RADISH, who'da thunk you could make salsa out of radishes!
[signature]