Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISLAND PARK
I used to live in Paul and would go up to Island Park a few times a year. It's been around 10 yrs since I've been there. Has anyone been up there this year, I'm thinking about driving up in August for a weekend.
[signature]
Welcome to the Idaho board chayden.
I fish the Island Park area on a regular basis. The drought has hurt the fishing in most places in eastern Idaho but the fishing is still better than Utah[Tongue].
The only major thing that has changed in the Island Park area is that there are more fly fisherman and more guides.
[signature]
Thanks for hte feedback. Were palnning a weekend up there towards the end of August. If it comes together I let you know how we do.
[signature]
Just fished in Thurs, Friday, and half of sat. Fishing is not good! I tried box canyon, upper and lower coffee pot, harriman ranch, the fork, ashton dam, ....nothing! Tried everything. My dad has fished it for 15 years and agreed that it was either a horrible week for fishing or the fishing is just bad. Would love to hear other reports
[signature]
[Sad]Thanks for the post. Maybe I won't plan a trip there till later in Sept. now instead of Aug.
[signature]