Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where'd everybody go?
It's summer finally and the weather has been autumn like around here. I've got a car that I'm afraid to drive even far enough to get to the waters edge so I'm pretty much stuck with going to work and heading home afterward.

With this in mind, I've been on here a lot lately and have noticed something. There aren't many posts going on like there had been before fishing openers.

I probably just answered my question. Where'd everybody go?

They must've gone fishin' without me.
[signature]
Hi there DrownedDesertRat,

I know how you feel, here in good ol' southern Cal I'm almost afraid to drive to the gas station.[Wink][Wink]

Every time I drive by a fillng station, my truck drags its taillights trying to get me to stop. You've had one of those kind of pups haven't you?[Smile]

I've had cars where 1) I always parked nose down on a hill .... where nobody could park in front of me. 2) I was near an electrical outlet so that I could use my quick-charger. 3) this one is a joke... near a vehicle that had a gas cap that was not lockable.

Your buddy and sorry to hear of the tough times,

JapanRon
[signature]
Some of the rest of us are here as well. I am going through a slight schedule change that has allowed me to fish more often. So I guess you hit the nail on the head. We are all gone fishing.[cool]
[signature]
VACATION HERE! YA HOO! HAHA ALMOST A MONTH WORTH! had a gooood time. guess youll have to git yourself a bike or a good pony to go. or a motorcycle. always worked fer me. mostly the pony. haha either that or learn how to work on your own car. i did. real quick if it broke down. tools! haha[Smile]
[signature]
Thanks. It's not that I can't fix it myself, it's that I can't afford the parts to fix it. So I'm gonna do a quick fix as soon as the part comes in. Can't believe they want $55 for a cable. Sheesh. And there's no aftermarket cables either! Argh!!

So anyway, I'm replacing the cable, then I'm gonna go trade the car in for a larger, gas guzzling vehicle. Hehe. Okay, so I'll be going from 30mpg to 24mpg.

But at least I'll be able to tow my boat with no worries!
[signature]
[Smile][laugh]no junkyards around?? ahha ya gotta tow that boat! haha git one ya can ffix yourself though ahah one that aint got all that new fancy computer ------- in it. haha like the old trucks and cars. i like them better anyways. aint so much motor in there that ya dont need hahahaha that,s when they knew how to build bodies and motors. now a day i wouldnt give a plug nickle fer one of these new things! they can keep em. they fold if ya git hit by somebody. deadern dorrnail. i,ll tke me an old chevy bout a 65 done over, maybe 72 at least before the 80.s that,s when they strated usin them computer chips. haha pull that boat! hha later[Smile]
[signature]
The make cars fold like accordians so that you don't go flyin' through the windshield. Less impact on the person is the idea behind it. Of course, when the vehicle suddenly stops on you, you go flyin' anyway. [crazy]

Anyway, I got the vehicle fixed today. The part came in early! Woohoo! And it's workin' better now than before. I also drove around lookin' at vehicles today but nothing in my price range.

AND, I'm lookin' for somethin' with all them computer parts. Better gas mileage, which is needed these days.

Besides, I play with computers during my non-fishing time. I'm not afraid of them things. [Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue]
[signature]
this happens every year about this time....

things slow down for a couple weeks, then the end of summer fishing reports will come a rolling in...[cool]
[signature]
Some of us continue to touch base here although the fishing schedule has picked up a bit.[cool]
[signature]
not to mention some of the hottest fishing tips brought in daily by those touching base[Wink]

well worth checking in for to see whats hot and whats not...
[signature]
[laugh][laugh][laugh]well ya know [crazy][crazy] that,s probably why they made seatbelts in the old vehicles back then too![crazy][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue][laugh][laugh]but i,d rather stop sudden than bein squished like a pancake and bein stuck in therre when the little thing catches on fire and your stuck cause the engines in your lap! when they fold! and your gonna keep stickin htat tounge out at me and givin me an attitude and i,m gonna tell ya where to stick it. i will say what i think too wheter ya like it or not. too haha so put it where the sun dont shimne. how do ya like me now hahahaah[Tongue][Tongue][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
patches, I think I'm in love. [Tongue][crazy][Tongue][crazy][Tongue][crazy][Tongue]

Too bad you don't live closer. [Wink]
[signature]
Well I have been camping, fishing, and tonight, my 14 yr old had a party with about 24 other 13, 14 and 16 year olds... wow..what a night. MOmma is tired! Life will slow down for me again in.ohhhhh September when school starts back.

I havent caught any worthy fish wither lately... that is when I post alot too...

beside when I am bored, whic life hasn't let me be bored lately!

I'll be fishing on Friday!
[signature]
i think my computer has cought your cars cold , er , hot , lol .

it will take a couple days before i get the cooling system going again , untill then it's a post here and there then i shut down before a melt down .
[signature]
You tellin' me that I've gotta not only go fix Flagman's computer, but yours as well? It's gonna take me longer to get to Michigan. Sheesh. Why'd you let your heatsink blow out?
[signature]
Ever stop to think, and forget to start again? that's me ! lol !
[signature]
heres a free program that monitors system temperatures:

[url "http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=311"]http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=311[/url]

sm
[signature]
I had your password emailed to you...
[signature]
coool ! it shows up on my icon tray , and i added the link into my favorites file , dang theres a gazillion tool to use there , you da man , er , southernman !

thanks southernman !
[signature]
[Smile][laugh][laugh][crazy]haha me too with my hound dog. he dont give me no crap! ahhahaha been fihsin???? this weddin shits gittin to me.! haha had enough i,ll be glad when these kids are hitched. i want ot go fishin.! haha gittin cliff a motorcycle fer his weedin present so,s he can go fishin with us on the motorcycle. hahahaahha nice ol 76 honda! 500.00 bucks. mint condition! runs sound like a dream and rides like one. it,s a 550/ nice. i,m gonna ride it too. haha cliff dont know it yet but i,m gonna. hahaha later[Smile]
[signature]