Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wanted, Carp to catch.
Here is my problem, I recieved a new rod and reel for Fathers Day and it is still virgin. I left it here when I took my trrio back east but have since taken it ti Jordenelle, Rockport and Wolcott in Idaho. Nada. No fish. It is a nice 7' med heavy casting IM-6 rod with a Quantum bait casting reel and I'm sure it will turn a big fish.

Where is the best place and method to get into some carp? Jorden river? Where abouts? Utah Lake? It's a big lake. How about some cats, where are they now. Maybe I'll have to drag the boat to Strawberry tomorrow and try.
[signature]
hi roger heres a place to try get on the i-15 heading S. exit at 3300 S. offramp and turn right ( W ) drive until you cross the jordan river and take your first left there is a pond right there you can't miss it its in plain site and its loaded with decent size carp

take some bread with you tear the crust off and toss it to the ducks ( Wink ) use the white parts to make some dough balls put about a foot below a float that how i catch them a peice of nightcrawler should work also good luck if you go
[signature]
Is that the pond by the trailer park?
[signature]
i believe so just N. of there
[signature]
I have caught plenty of carp at both utah lake and pineview. I think bountful pond has quite a few also.
[signature]
Here's a pic of FB2s last carp outing a couple of weeks ago at Deer Creek. Sorry guys uploaded the pic in the wrong format. You should be able to view it now.
[signature]
[cool][blue][size 1]Hey, FB2, those are a couple of nice "bugle-mouth browns".[/size][/blue]

[#0000ff][size 1]Here's a pic of a little guy that would probably put a bend in your stick. It is a mirror carp, and I think it is a European picture. They have big carp clubs over there and dredge up some real fatties.[/size][/#0000ff]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5536;]
[signature]