Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deer creek report 07/12/04
Fished DC today with Utahwalleye, we launched at 6am and started by trolling some crankbaits. We caught one smallmouth and that was about it, so were tried bottom bouncers next and picked up two walleye and two more smallmouth. We went back to crankbaits until we left around 5 or 5:30pm and picked up one more eye. It was slow a day for catching but the great company more than made up for it. Thanks for a great day on the water Chuck, I'm glad we finally got a chance to get out and do some fishing, I owe you my friend. WH2
[signature]
I too fished Deer Creek on 7-12 and it was sloooooooooooow picked up

one eye and three dink bass, was there until dark. Bassleg
[signature]
We were fishing north of the island, what area were you fishing?
[signature]
GLAD HERE CHUCK AND YOU GOT OUT. DID HE TELL YOU ABOUT THE FULL MOON IN JULY? IM KEN/ CROSSINEYE. HOPE TO FISH WITH YOU SOMETIME
[signature]
Hey Curt, I just found out why it was so slow, walleyebob and his friend caught them all. he told me they pounded them. over all it was a good day I just couldn't hook them. I missed about 7 good fish and 1 felt real good. I guess it's time to check my hooks on all my worm harness and just maybe everything else. I also missed quite a few fish last week with Lloyd. I was good to finally meet you, we'll have to get out again when I come back from my Oregon salmon trip. later chuck
[signature]
I'm not really sure if we talked about the full moon in July but we did talk about a lot of different things. Chuck did say last week was better, at least for catching. WH2
[signature]
I fished around the island and the west side, what kind of boat were you in

I have a green and tan crestliner that is named BAD HABIT.....................
[signature]
Hey Curt, what was the water temperature?
[signature]
I think the water temp was 73 at one point during the day. we had quite a few bites but just couldn't hook um. later chuck
[signature]
I seen you up there and also other times, we were in the small alum. jon boat with the pedastal seat in front and back. we stayed on the flats most all day except for about an hour we went up and looked around at another spot and saw nothing so back to the flats we went. later chuck
[signature]
It figures that Bob beat us to the fish, did he fish Saturday and Sunday? Did he catch any big ones? Hopefully we can get on Willard when you get back from you Oregon trip, good luck.
Kent, when I was making the post, I was thinking about posting the temp but wasn't sure what it was until Chuck posted it. WH2
[signature]
Hey Curt,
Me and Brad fished D.C. Saturday. I got a 29 3/8" eye and a 22". Plus a bunch of small eyes. The big one was about 8 1/2 pounds. I let her go.
Sunday, Scott went up with me and we ended up taking home two 23" eyes and six small ones. Scott caught about twenty five walleye on a 1/8 oz. jig and worm. I didn't catch as many as he did. I used a homemade curly tail all day. I'm too lazy to keep putting worms on.
The bite is real light and we missed a lot of fish both days. Real slow fishing until the wind gets going.Best method we found was to anchor in 15' and let the wind push the boat up into five feet. Casting while we move and working the jigs slow. Right down in the salad. Then go back up wind and do it again.

We plan the same thing for this weekend. Me and Brad on Saturday, Scott on Sunday. Come on down if you can.

walleyebob
[signature]
Good to finally see a post from you, I was starting to think you didn't visit the site any more. Wow, that is a great report, Chuck wasn't kidding, you guys really pounded those eyes and way to go on that big eye. It sounds like a good way to work those fish in the shallows. We stayed in that same area most the day and did best close to shore but we never got in close enough by the sounds of it. I won't be able to get there this weekend, I've got to work in the afternoon but next weekend, I'll make plans. Did you guys do better in the morning or evening and what color jig heads worked the best? Thanks again for the update.WH2
[signature]
Hey Curt,
We had our best luck between about 11:00 and 3:00. All the big fish were caught mid day, the biggest one at 2:30 in the afternoon. Scott used a chartreuse jig, I mostly used a orange and yellow Northland jig. The kind they have in the bulk bins at Sportsmans in Provo. Don't remember what Mr. Brad was using for a jig. He used a Yamamoto chartreuse yellow sparkle tail mostly. The smallies really love that thing.

We caught some monster Perch the last couple weeks. Biggest was about 13 1/2". We've been real careful to not hurt any Perch. Hope everyone else is releasing them. We need all of them to jumpstart the forage base if the water ever stays up and stable.

Gotta go work on the boat. Installing a new speed sensor. I broke my Garmin speed wheel last winter and I'm just finally putting a new one on. Ice is hard on speed wheels.

C-ya on the water.

walleyebob
[signature]
Thanks for the info Bob, thats amazing that the big fish came in the middle of the day. That weed bed area looks like it would have been a good spawning area for those perch, hopefully they did good this year. You sure are hard on that boat but at least you didn't rip any big holes in it this past winter. I finally broke down and bought a new fish finder this year, this is the first FF that I've had that has the speed sensor mounted right to the transducer. The paddle wheel clips right to the transducer so there is only one cable that goes to the display unit. I don't know what you paid for your new paddle wheel but replacements for mine are only $15.00. WH2
[signature]