Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bream
How many of yall use Bream, or what yall call bluegill to catch catfish? If you do where do you hook it tru the back or between the eyes? great bait Raypaw<br><br>Cant change yesterday<br>cant change tommorow<br>can change today so lets get busy
through the back, I think it gives them better action!<br><br>kybasser<br>"The two best times to fish is when it's rainin' and when it ain't." ~Patrick F. McManus
[reply]
How many of yall use Bream, or what yall call bluegill to catch catfish? If you do where do you hook it tru the back or between the eyes? great bait Raypaw

Cant change yesterday
cant change tommorow
can change today so lets get busy [/reply]

[/reply]
[signature]
Well neither would be the best place in North Carolina since it's unlawful to used a gamefish for bait.(alive that is)You can however used cut pieces of gamefish but you have to save the carcass to count as you limit.but if you are not in North Carolina or you think you might not get caught I would say that the back would be the best place.

[url "http://beachfishing.tripod.com"]http://beachfishing.tripod.com[/url]
[signature]
[#ffffff][size 1][#000000][size 2][size 1]Hello Guys,[/size]

[size 1]Funny you ask, I used to use them as a kid growing up in Syracuse N.Y. to catch Northerns, and always hooked them through the mouth to obstruct their swimming as little as possible but hadn't tried it for over 20 years. [/size]

[size 1]I had also heard as you did that they work great for BIG CATS (and had just caught one so figured I'd give it a try) the other day made the very same mistake byrumjr mentioned (It is also illegal in Cal. which I didn't know at the time). [/size]

[size 1]It is a real shame because I didn't catch that monster cat I was after but hooked definitely my biggest bass ever (which I lost right at the top of the water, a blessing in disguise) which is how I found out it was illegal. After that great fish I was asking someone a very similar question you asked and he said very matter of factly "is that even legal", I checked the regs and sure enough, No it wasn't. So you definitely want to check the regs before you try it, if the answer is no its not legal there are some really realistic artificials that should get the job done, I'll be testing a couple out, let me know if you are interested and I'll let you know which ones produce.[/size][/size][/#000000][/size][/#ffffff]
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
For big cats, i hook the baitfish just under and to the rear of the dorsal fin. This lets them swim more naturally pulling the line vs. being hooked on top where they might pull them curve upwards..
[signature]
i was surprised when i went on an d.n.r. outing with the kids to find out that a leagely cought gamefish could be used as bait ( michigan ) . one of the other children attending the outing recived a master angelers award that day for a nice big dogfish on a gill .
[signature]