Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 7-10-04 (tube)
Hit willard on sat. fished the south dike from the tube got there around noon and after i got the wife kids and dog set up I kicked out in the tube and fished for an hour. I thought catching a wiper in a boat was fun but catching one in a tube is almost scary. It didnt take long to get into the fish and after catching Four all in the 16-18 in. range I had to take a break I took my light action rod for the longer casting and by the forth one I needed a break so i went in and played with the kids. I didnt get back out but it was a great trip i did see a little bit of surface activity but it didnt last long. It was an amazing day on the water and there were hardly any boats out there, suprizing for a sat. It was a great trip hope to get back again soon.[cool]
[signature]
That sounds like a blast. I've been wanting to try that.
[signature]
That really sound like it was a nice trip. If you hooked into one of the big dogs, you might be able to ski! Good luck on your next trip out.
[signature]
How bad are the bugs up there now? Back at the beginning of June on a calm day the bugs were pretty bad a slight breeze makes it much mopre pleasant. I've been thinking of coming up with my 'toon to fish for some wipers or walleye maybe even a channel.
[signature]
The bugs werent bad at all. There was a slight breeze sometimes, and a few horse flies but that was it.
[signature]
Thanks for the report . Way to go . I need to get up there and try that .
[signature]
Fish,

That is great news for us tubers and shore guys. The only thing that has stopped me from trying this summer is the bugs. I've got to get off my tail and get out there!!!

[crazy]Leaky
they dont ski you but they are very fun in a tube. and in 3 foot swells it makes it ten times more interesting.
[signature]