Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tight lipped fish?
I took my son-in-law Adam with me today and headed over the Idahp border to Stone Reservoir north of Snowville. We didn't catch a single fish in three hours of fishing. We threw bass crankbaits, plastics, and trolled spinners and rapalas for trout or bass to no avail. I couldn't believe we both got skunked. I really makes me mad when I can see the dang fish on the fish finder and you still can't get any to hit. Any ideas or suggestions on how to get a strike? Did they habe lock-jaw because of the heat, or storm last night, or was it the lack of a presentation they wanted? Other fishermen I talked to weren't doing any better than us and left early also. Acey
[signature]
Sounds like a very rough day on the pond. I wish I knew for sure why fish get lock jaw, but some days you never know. I have found that when the fish aren't biting, you have to slow your presentation way down, but that doesn't always work either. Better luck on your next trip.
[signature]
[unsure] Been there done that. I know what you mean. I've tried speeding up, slowing down, added weight to the line, no weight, diferent lures. When I bought my fish finder 7 years ago my father-n-law told me there would be days that it would drive me nuts.

A day in the fresh air is always better than one in the office
[signature]