Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home from willard and....(part 2)
We hit the water at about 6:30 pm. My father-in-law hooked the first wiper at 8:00 pm. I hooked one at about 9:30pm. We ended up leaving the water at about 11:30 (I'm glad my boat has spot lights on it!) We left with our limit! What a blast. Man those things can put up a fight. At one point, we both hooked one about 2 seconds apart and thought we were hung up on the bottom. Both turned out to be fish. WE ARE HOOKED ON WIPERS!!! Thx for all the tips and help everyone provided. They all helped us have the time of our life tonight! See ya guys on the water soon!<br><br><font color=purple><b>The Fisherless Fishermen</font color=purple></b>
C'mon, now! Where were you fishin' and was was the hot bait? Help some of us less fortunate fisherman who only caught two wipers yesterday! ;-) Glad you finally got into them. Predator is right. Wipers can be heaven when Willard's hell. <br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by BearLakeMack on 07/13/02 08:41 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
Troy,<br>Glad to see you hooked up with them wipers. Nice to see what a little info on the board will do to help out another angler. [Smile]<br><br>Texas Gulf Coast Fisher &lt;*(())))))))))&gt;{<br><A HREF="http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/ROSS6959/" target="_new">http://myweb.ecomplanet.com/ROSS6959/</A>
We caught most of them when it was completely dark out. We just kept trolling thru the same area where I caught my first one. Producers worked like a charm, although I think anything that rattled would do the trick! The wife isn't too happy seeing how I have a buttload of fish on ice that I have too clean today though! [Tongue]<br><br><br>ssor, you are right about that! Couldn't have done without the help of bigfishtackle.com[Smile]<br><font color=purple><b>The Fisherless Fishermen</font color=purple></b>
Sounds like you have discovered the power of lights. I have been preaching it for eons. I just wish I could work out the stupid fuse system on my boat. <br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
I would hate to be out there in a boat that didnt have some sort of lighting other than their running lights! I have a swivel mounted spot light next to my fish finder and two courtesy lights down inside the hull. I tried to keep all the lights off unless we were messing with fish, the bugs get thick real quick when I fire up my million candle power spot light [crazy]<br><br><font color=purple><b>The Fisherless Fishermen</font color=purple></b>