Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just had my first wiper dinner!!
Some good eating. We filleted them up and grilled them in Lemon Garlic maronade. I still have a full gallon size ziplock in the freezer for next week! <br><br><font color=purple><b>The Fisherless Fishermen</font color=purple></b>
Hard to beleive but in all the years I have been fishing out there I still have never kept or eaten a wiper. By all reports they are good eating. Glad you like them. Some people say they are better than walleye. You didnt eat the red strip of meat did you? I heard that tastes incredibly horrible. Just thinking maybee you were brave enough to try it.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
Some of it I ate, tried to fillet it out. We had it maranated pretty good. I didnt notice any bad taste though. But beware, the red stripe holds little bones that are pretty sharp<br><br><font color=purple><b>The Fisherless Fishermen</font color=purple></b>
I agree wipers taste pretty good, but then most fish taste pretty good to me, I've eaten that red meat on wipers and havent really tasted a difference except that it offers a more fishy taste.<br><br>