Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IT'S OFFICIAL!!
Well I ordered my float tube tonight from Cabelas: A fish cat 4[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]! [url "http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/horizontal-item.jhtml?id=0017284316448a&navAction=jump&navCount=6&indexId=cat360010&podId=0017284&catalogCode=IE&parentId=cat360010&parentType=index&rid=&cmCat=MainCatcat20431"][Image: p017284ii01.jpg][/url] And also tonight I won a brand new pair of Gold Medal Dry-Plus Stockingfoot Waders from Ebay for only $50 (what a steal)[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]!!
[Image: i830210vr01.jpg]
I should be tubing by the next weekend!![url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]
Congrats there Bassmaster-ND,

It'll be great to hear how you managed to break the little devil in both navagation and fishing. Keep in mind that there a lots of bells and whistles you can put on yourself DIY!

JapanRon
[signature]
Way to go Bassmaster. I'm sure you are going to enjoy some fun times on the water. Did you get fins yet??? That will be your next step.
[signature]
Yep, I've got fins too![url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]
Kewl!!!![url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url] Now we got to get you set up with rod holders,fish finder and a DVD player!!![url "javascript: addTag('sly')"][sly][/url]
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][#0000ff]My, my. It looks like our new recruit is getting serious.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Nice score on the waders. Hope you like them and they fit well. We expect a review as soon as you get a good read on them.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I suggest that you make your first launch without tackle. Get out and paddle around a bit, to get the feel of your craft and how to move and guide it across the water. That shouldn't take too long. Then go back in and assemble your gear and go assault some fishies.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let us know when you need some guidance on setting up rod holders and/or sonar. If you have gone back through some of our past threads, I am sure you have seen pics and discussions on those issues.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hope Santy Claus gets there soon with your goodies so you can get started.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Congrats on the new craft. Put it at play and keep it busy!
[signature]
I recieved my float tube in the mail yesterday!![url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url] Man Cabelas ships fast! They shipped on monday and got here on wednesday! Still waiting for the waders.

Hey TubeN2, Can you put stuff behind the seat without it getting wet??
[signature]
Hey Bassmaster, Way to go. You are almost ready now. As far as the space behind the seat, stuff will get wet. I will usually put stuff in a waterproof box for that area. You could also tuck your landing net in there if you don't want it hanging in the water all the time.

Ziplock freezer bags work well also.
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up.

I just received my cabelas waders in the mail too!![url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url] I wont be able to get out with my tube untill next monday...this weeked I'm going on a road trip![url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]
Forgot to mention that I already did some tinkering with my tube. I went to the store and got 2 rod holders that you put in the ground (for shore fishing). I cut off the part that you stick in the ground and then used the part that holds your rod and tied it on to 2 D rings to my tube. I'll try and see if I can borrow someones digital camera so I can show you a picture. It works like a charm on the floor...hopefully it will in the water too[url "javascript: addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url]
[signature]

Hey there Bassmaster-ND,

These three project might be fun for you to do.

1) Net Retractor

2) Net Scabbord

3) DIY Rod Holder

I have included 3 attachment as seen below. Check them out for ideas. An questions and I'm be happy to reply.

JapanRon
[signature]
Don't forget to have someone there with a camera when you first lauch on your maiden voyage!!![url "javascript: addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url] The blooper reel could be a great hit here on the forum.[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]