Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Master Angler Award
I received this award in the mail the other day from Nebraska. I received one for the 27 inch and one for the 26inch wipers I caught back in June, wiperslayer got three of these awards. They also come with a cool little pin that has Catch & Release on the top and Master Angler on the bottom, with a picture of a bass in the middle. My camera won't take a picture of something that small and it did not do much better on the photo of the award, it's time I got a better digital. I wish Utah gave awards like this, Nebraska only gives them for fish that are released and are 25 inches or larger. WH2
[signature]
Thats pretty cool. congrats.
[signature]
Thanks Sandy, I thought it was a great little reward that Nebraska gives. I wonder if anyone in the Utah DWR would consider giving out a similar award.
[signature]
way to go!,, thumbs up!
[signature]
Congradulations to both of you. Thats bragging rights not too many around here have. Al
[signature]
Thanks MeMe and Alan, the day of fishing for those big wipers was the best, the award was just a bonus. I hope we get a chance to do it again, maybe in Colorado this time, thats where they really get big. WH2
[signature]
Hey Curt,

Did you apply for the awards, or did your guide have something to do with it?
[signature]
I'll be in Colorado all next week. Actually I'm leaving Sat. morning heading down to Lake Powell and then to Farmington N.Mexico on Monday. Then I'm heading up to Colorado. Will fish the Arkansas River on Tues. and Pueblo resevoir on Tues. night and maybe again Wed. morning. The rest of the week is up in the air but I am meeting one of my accounts at 11- mile lake on Sat. Damn I love these business trips. Next month I may "have" to go to Montana. I've got several nice places up there to go to. Al
[signature]
Work is hell isn't it! (LOL)
[signature]
Oh yea, the guide had everything to do with getting the awards. Steve(the guide) told us that normally you would have to take a picture as your holding the fish, then have another person sign the certificate saying the fish was 25 inches or longer. Because he is a professional guide and they know him so well all he has to do is call the DWR and let them know what his clients personal information is and the size of the fish. Steve always post the pictures of his clients big fish on his web site, so all the DWR has to do is go to his site to look at the pictures if they want. Steve said his clients catch over 300 fish every year, that are 25 inches are larger, that includes walleye, largemouth bass, wipers and northern pike. Steve knows the locally lakes very good and he really knows how to put you on the fish. WH2
[signature]
Alan, you need to get a hold of Don or Eric that live up there and do some wiper fishing while your there or is that what you have planned already? I wish I had a job like you do, it must be great to travel and fish like that, at least some of the time it would be. WH2
[signature]
Yea, I was planning on e-mailing Don today. I do have a good job. But it took me alot of years and a lot of b.s. to get here. When I got into this line of work around 1980 I had no idea I could make it as far as I did. Alot of it was luck and being in the right place at the right time. When we first opened the whse in Utah I would spend 2 to 3 weeks on the road building it up. I spent most of my time in Montana, Colorado, and Wyoning. And now I've included Arizona and New Mexico. I would love to be back on the road, but the business took off so well I had to hire someone else to do the running around so I could do what was needed in the office. I still go out for a week every other month, just to check on customers and make sure there aren't any problems. But of course I have quite a few customers that like to fish also. I'll get them on the BFT site when I'm over there. Al
[signature]