Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Tubing Report
Well I took the fish cat 4 out for the first time today at McDowell Dam. Got on the water at 2pm and left at 7. It was a great day to be fishing..the weather was perfect. Once I got the hang of motoring around in my tube I started fishing. Started fishing with a tube and then tied a crankbait on my other rod.

My first fish that I ever caught on my tube was a fat 18 inch, 3 pound bass on a tube. Man did that put up a fight. My drag was screaming thats for sure. It made a run right under my tube and all of my rod was in the water. I got it to the surface and netted it in my small net attached to a D ring. That made for a hell of a memory. I was so excited after I released it, it wasnt untill my second cast that I realized that my plyers was missing....I guess it went over board[url "javascript: addTag('pirate')"][pirate][/url]. Oh well.

I kicked my way to the other side of the lake and then caught my second bass. A nice 16 incher on a crankbait. It hit the lure right after I bumped it off of a stump that was in the water. Text book[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url].

My rod holders that I made worked excellent. The waders worked great. I was very impressed with the fish cat 4. It's awesome.

I think I'm hooked. Thanks everyone for helping getting me started[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url].
[signature]
Hey Bassmaster, I'm sorry to hear that you had so much fun. Now you know what we rave about. I guess you earned your official congratulations into the world of tubing.

WAY TO GO BRO!!!! [url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]

You will continue to have fun in the future. Keep up the good work and keep the reports coming.

Note: For extended life of your tube, get it wet often![url "javascript: addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url]
[signature]
Hey there Bassmaster-ND,

Congrats...

Four things I have doubles of: Truck keys (hideaway), reading glasses, nail clippers, needlenose plairs. My teeth I don't need to fish with!!!

JapanRon
[signature]
Yep yer hooked! Great report!
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][#0000ff]Sounds like a great start. Now it only gets better.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]By the way, there will be a test at the end of the class.[/#0000ff]
[signature]