Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Float tubing, Nevada
[size 2] [font "comic sans MS"] I was wondering if anyone would know if Nevada has special PFD requirements for float tubes or do they they view them as regular boats. I did a quick search through the reg's but nothing came up.
[size 2] [font "comic sans MS"] David
[signature]
Hey Powermaker, Most states require that you have a type ll or type lll PFD with you. Lake to lake requirements will state weather you have to wear it or not. Every body of water is governed by the USCG regulations.

Your best bet is to at least have one with you at all times.[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic sans ms"] I was looking for info on whether or not I have to wear it.
[size 2] [font "Comic sans ms"] David
[signature]
Hey Powermaker, I have talked to a park ranger while in my floattube off of Hemenway Point. You are to have a PFD with you and within REACH while fishing from a floattube. I had my PFD wrapped around the front crossbar of my tube. He was glad to see that I had one. He further mentioned that alot of guys go tubing without one. He didn't mention anything about citing them. I also talked to the ranger office on the phone about possible launching areas for my tube and they also said that I had to have a PFD while tubing. I don't wear mine as it is somewhat cumbersome and pushes me too far forward in the tube. But I do keep it either tied to the back of my Woodriver tube or wrapped around the crossbar of my Navigator IV. Hope this helps. Let me know when you plan to go; I might be able to meet up with you.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] Thanks for the info, BigE. That's what I needed. I'll be pulling an allnighter on Wednesday, if you're interested or can make it. I'm going to hit 8.0 Mile Road. I'm taking the tube for some early morning tubing but for the most part I'll be on shore.
[size 2] [font "Comic Sans MS"] David
[signature]
can I go please [url "javascript: addTag(':/')"][unsure][/url]

sm
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] Hey Southernman, definitely. You're more than welcome. Do you want to ride with me?
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] David
[signature]
what time are you going out?

sm
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] I'd like to leave around 3:00-4:00 PM. That way I'll have light to drive.
[signature]
damn, some work came up, i cant go

have fun and be safe!

sm
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] That sux Southernman, but there will be more chances to sweat your A$$ off.
[signature]
Supposed to be windy from south, but somewhat protected at 8 mile. Monday evening and Tuesday morning got into boils of stripers between 33 hole and and upper Gypsum Wash on Tuesday and Monday evening end of Upper Gov't Wash area about 150 yds off shore - little flat coming up to 16' where the stripers drive the shad shallow. All small fish however. With the wind the cuts between islands should be good.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] Thanks for the headsup on the wind and the tips. I'm not having much luck finding adjustable fins locally. So it doesn't look like I'm taking the tube.
[signature]
so how'd ya do?

sm
[signature]
Adjustable fins. You looking for SCUBA type or float tube type?
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] Southernman, I didn't fair very well. I only made it until 10:40 PM, the wind was tough. I got real tired of picking my rods off the ground that the wind blew over. It also got to the point to where I couldn't even tell when I was getting a bite. The final straw was a gust of wind blew over an almost full beer. However, I was able to pick up 1 striper and 1 cat both were about 1lbs. Both were taken with anchovies just off the bottom, there wasn't anything happening on lures.
[signature]
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] hedgesd, I am looking for fin to use for a float tube. Whether they're scuba or float tube, so long as they fit and workable. I like the design of the Force Fins (adjustable) but can't see myself plopping down that kind of money. If they're adjustable than I'm not stuck with a certain type (size) of footware.
[signature]