Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8-7 Tibble Fork Report *On Fire*
I headed up to Tibble Fork this morning with my little boy for a couple hours of fishing. Typically, I have been lucky to come away with one or two planter size fish at best after a day of fishing up there. Today, I decided to head over to the side of the lake opposite the main parking lot. We were using #8 snell hooks and tipping them with usually two or three salmon eggs. I would cast about 15 feet out into the water and within ten seconds we had a fish on the line. This was the case every time the line hit the water. This side of the lake is great, because there is virtually no moss over there. We were all alone too. The parking lot side of the lake was packed. We fished from 8:30 until about 10:30 this morning and landed a total of 24 rainbows. I have never caught that many fish at Tibble. Very few others were catching anything at all. Great day with my son at the Tibble.
[signature]
Thats sound like the perfect outing for the little one . I'm sure he'll remember that for a long time to come...

I'm curious, has the health advisory been lifted for eating the fish coming out this water and streams above it? I know there was warnings last year, something to do with the old mine tailing minerals leeching into the waters, up stream of tibble fork.
[signature]
the warnings are for the brown trout the rainbows which are planters are supposed to be ok to take and eat
[signature]
The Health Advisory for Tibble Fork was lifted this year. It was due to "unsafe" amounts of arsenic found in the water which was a result of the minerals that were trailing from the old mines down the river.

It was a great outing. Expecting nothing more than to just have a fun morning with my son, it turned out to be a memory I won't ever forget. Most of the fish were planter size, but we caught a few that were in the 13 in range which is pretty good for the Tibble.
[signature]