Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report 8/7/04
fished willard today with fishnpro40 & fishnpro19, started at about 6:30am went out the north marina and go stuck on the hump. got off there and started trolling the north dike trolled it out to the light pole when fnp19 picked up the first wiper after snagging up twice was a nice 19in. then trolled the west dike all the way to the south dike on the way back i picked up a 17incher, made are way back to the north dike and trolled it back and forth picking up more wipers. total catch fnp40=3 fnp19=4 petty=2. water temp was 80* and trolled 3-3.5mph, caught 1 on a pink curly tail 1 on a blue back producer prizem shad and the rest where caught on a white producer prizem shad. was a good day on the pond with good company...[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]
Doesn't sound like too shabby a day! The weather sure was beautiful today. I'll be the wind treated you well this time.

Did you guys see any eyes caught?
[signature]
what a great day for my first time wiper fishing. just wanted to say thanks to petty for taking me out, and show off some pictures.

sorry everyone petty said he was too cute to be on camera
Great report Petty, the best one I've heard in a while on willard. It looks like the the water is still fairly murky though. When you finely got back to the north dike and started catching them, what time was it and what time did you leave? WH2
[signature]
no eyes that we saw caught we talked with another angler that caught 5 wipers. we left before 3pm. dont no what time it was that we got back to the north dike.

almost forgot. coldfooter and mememe where out there to when we talked to them they had only had a couple bites. dont know how they did after that.
[signature]
First I would like to thank petty for taking my on my first of many wiper outings. What a great day on the water, almost no wind, sunshine (sunburn), great company and I caught wipers to boot. I think we had lunch about 11:30 and caught most of the fish after that.
[signature]
The guys I talked were also chasing wipers. Thats what they caught 5 of, and they were all about the same size that we caught.
[signature]
Great to hear you guys did so well!

Left without a fish in the basket. Even ran slow and stealthy for eye's, Zippo! Hit Pineview about 5.pm and had one grab and quick release while hunting Tigs.

Ps. Got to Pineview just after the boat and PWC slammed into each other. Infact was working the north side of the bay at the time the boat kept running in circles. Its Sad, but with the amount of boats and PWC that race around showing off for each other it surprises me it dont happen far more often there.
[signature]
It was nice to meet you and mememe I think if you had stayed a little longer you may have got into them. I was looking at the pics again and could tell it was after lunch by the mustard stain on my shirt.
[signature]
TD,Good to hear you made it up here safely and your getting set up with your new life here in Utah. Are you planning on going into full time retirement so you can fish all the time or are you planning on working? We will have to make some plans to do some fishing, sounds like you are getting your list full already, hope you can squeeze in one more. WH2
[signature]
hey pat glad to see you make it. where did you guys end up locating? slc or the burbs? let me know when you hit willard since i live a hop skip and jump away i can always bring the tube over. im sure youll recognize it hehe.
[signature]
I don't know about the float tube idea but we might be able to work out a trip to Bear lake this fall, if my old boat holds up. A whole week without any fishing, you must be going through withdrawals.
[signature]
shucks. i was planning on being there anyway. now work is in the way and ill have to head over there thursday i hope. hopefully i can go next time yoru over there. the one and only time i have to go out of town for work geez.
[signature]
At least you got the important stuff inside within easy reach! Got the fish tank up and runnin' yet? HA!
[signature]
Darn, missed this reply Mike.
It was great meeting you and your son also. And you could be right, maybe should have stayed longer. But hey the weather was nice and it was nice to have good fishin' company, Mememe, ride along, thanks.
[signature]
sounds like another move sometime in the near future? well we made it up there anyway but it looks like you were on the other side of the lake. hopefully i can run up there again with ya the next time you make it out there.
[signature]