Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tippy outing
well me and the crew went to tippy dam yesterday where fishing was a little tough .
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5882;]
we mostley cought smallmouth bass with just a couple of browns to fill in the gaps .
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5885;]
our highlight of the day was rescuing this snapper that was trapped in the swirl in the water discharge coffer . he was almost limp when i was able to grab him and set him up on shore untill he was able to take off on his own .
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5883;]
from his scarred shell he musta been either sucked from the lake above the dam or had been tossed along the rocks below the dam for quite a while . as we did not catch him for anything but his rescue we aren't going to put him in the 16 species contest .

the spring rains really transformed the bottom of this area , there were more snaggs here than i have experianced over at the footesite . fall fishing will be more of a challenge this year .
[signature]
now dont he look taisty[url "javascript: addTag('Tongue')"][Tongue][/url]

I have yet to catch one of the hard shell verity on hook and line. or walking across the road for that matter this year. I make the best tortus chowder. there is never any left overs. and it is good for you....

did yours end up southern fried or soup or did he walk ?
[signature]
he swam ,i wanted to show the kids ( although it would have been legal to keep since he was cought by hand in the water ) that fishermen and hunters alike can help out critters in distress if safely done .
thats a 1 liter dew bottle in the water , not a whimpey 20 oz. one . the snapper was about 14" across and it took a little over a half hour before he started to walk .
two of the troop are from maine , the other is my little bro . like those shirts ? the michigan chapter has recruted future members to another states board .
[signature]