Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry info needed
Hey everyone,I need some info on the berry,I am heading up there on friday (8-13) with my future father inlaw.I havent been up there since june and was wondering how the fishing was and depths they are at.Any info would be great thanks!
[signature]
Hi utfishguy31

Was at the Berry most of Saturday, 8/7. Didn't fish from bank but from boat all day. anchored fishing seemed good around the ladders, but best action was trolling at about 35 feet.... only cuts and all in the slot but fun anyway.

hope this helps...
[signature]
thanks papa,

What was the water temp?,was the bite slow or fast.I have a boat and like to troll jigs tipped with worms and jelly.Did you catch any bows anchored?
[signature]
water was right at 69.5 warmed to a little over 70 later in the day..
we caught two bows early, right on the bottom and could have caught a few more but got antcy to do some trolling when the wind picked up. caught around 20+/- cuts trolling deep all around 18-19 inches using a variety of trolling/spin bait tipped with worms but jigs and no jelly. hope it helps....
[signature]
I was also up there Saturday, A lot of floating moss in areas, makes trolling a little difficult. The surface temp was 64 and most of the fish were holding in deeper water 20-40 feet. I got tired of catching fish so I decided to let one catch me. While trying to get the hook out of this particular fish, I thought it might be fun to see how far I could embed one of the treble's into my thumb and then let a two pound cut thrash around on the other end. It's quite and exhilarating experience. I highly recommend to anyone who hasn't experienced this to give it a try.
Fishing was good outside of mud creek and Jakes bay.
[signature]
Me and my brother in law fished the 'Berry friday thru sunday. Water temp was 69-71 deg. Fished mostly on the Soldier Creek side but did fish thru the Narrows and over to the Ladders sunday morning. Fishing was good everywhere we fished. Caught a 24 inch cutt at the ladders drifting a minnow. That cutt was the only fish we caught shallow. The brother in law caught also caught a 24 inch cutt on pop gear and worm. Other than those two fish all our fish were from 15 to 21 inches. Did catch a dozen rainbows all on the Soldier Creek side. The rainbows were 15 to 18 inches and all were caught on pop gear and a worm, 5 to 6 colors of lead core line out. Overall we caught about 50 to 60 fish a day. Also caught fish on rapalas trolled behind the downrigger at 30 feet.

John
[signature]