Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Help
Hello

I'm headed up to the Gorge for the first time with the scouts. I would like to take my fishing boat and catch some fish but I have no clue as to where or how. I'm not picky as to what king either. Any suggestions?

Thanks
[signature]
you may want to try by sheep creek bay,there are bows,kokes and alot of small bass in that part of the lake.along with macks and a few nice bass. but your fishing location might depend on where your camping on the lake.if your camping up the lake you might want to try trolling for kokes,bows and macks between Anvil and Buckboard.there is alot of small macks in the upper part of the gorge.I hope this helps.

www.maniaccustomlures.com
[signature]
Maniac

Thanks for the info. I will be camping at a place called Lucerne. Any good fishing in that area?

Matt
[signature]
There is some good bass fishing in the coves and points on the south side of linwood bay. the mack fishing can also be good in linwood bay and Antalope flat.for the bass try using tubes,curl tail grubs and stick worms in crawfish colors.the stick worms I make in three and four inch changeable craw,changeable craw with orange tail and green pumpkin pearl.have been working rather well at the gorge. the koke fishing around the pipe line can be good but if you have a small boat it is kind of a long way to go especially if the wind comes up.that water gets rough real fast.just a few Ideas hope this helps a little.

www.maniaccustomlures.com
[signature]
We just did that very trip last month. We stayed at the Cedar Springs campground which is near the dam and there is a boat ramp right there. You can fish all the coves and rocky shore lines. There are a million of them in the area. (rainbows and smallmouth)
[signature]