Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISLAND PARK AREA REPORT
I just returned from a family trip to the Island park area. I did get some time to get out and fish some of the area but I was a bit disappointed at the fishing. We fished below the island park dam and caught some 14-16" cut bows, but every where else was meager at best. Saw lots of fisherman but few fish being caught. We took the kids to the res. but didn't even get a bite. Lots of people in the coffee pot area. The regulations are diffucult to interpret since you must know the area pretty well. this bridge to that bridge..... barbless.... fly fishing only... etc. We caught fish but we aren't rushing back for the fishing. Too much pressure and not enough experience I guess. Chicken.
[signature]
thats what happened to a fantastic area. the flocking of people like that will ruin any great place to fish. sorry to hear that its still like that. i use to like that area when i was younger and you could fish the creeks and river byyourself still.
[signature]
Don't throw in the towel just yet!! The regulations will eventually weed out the general populace and hopefully make it a better fishery for the true and blue fisherman.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I'll agree with you that the regulations for the Henry's Fork are confusing especially if you don't know the landmarks the regulations are talking about. The F&G has also been changing the regulations on at least one part of that river every time a new set of regs is printed. If you have a question about the regulations make a post, send me a PM or you could email or call the F&G. The fishing in Island Park hasn't been very good this year. I think the drought is the main reason the fishing isn't as good as it was a few years ago.
[signature]