Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report 8/9/04
HERE COMES THE MONEY SHOT!!!
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5899;]

What a day at willard. jedburton, Mrs Burton and i hit willard this morning at first light and fished till about 2pm. WOW is all i can say. with a team effort of about 30+ wipers. we trolled the north dike and caught most of them did catch some on the west dike though. trolled producer prizem shads white with black back and the famous blue back ones worked to. water temp was 80* and we trolled 3-3.5mph. jed will post pics of the days catch. its pretty bad when you have to get off the lake because you have a limit on the stringer and in the cooler. the state parks ranger came over and looked at are catch and said that, thats the best he's heard of anyone doing out there latley.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=5898;]
[signature]
were they all the planters or a mix of both.
[signature]
all the fish we keeped where 16-20 inches, we had a bunch of 12-15 in that we threw back,
[signature]
All I can say is WOW! Nice report Petty. Wish I could have been out there.
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hummmmmm ... I wonder if anyone might read this report and decide to do Willard in the AM now. He he....[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]All I can say is wow. Nice pics ... nice report.[/size][/black]
[signature]
if anyone is intrest in hitting willard tuesday am give me a holler. one stipultion i need someone to pull the boat.
[signature]
yea it was a blast. I would be out there again tomorrow with petty, but I need to get my office cleaned and I feel to guilty leaving it again, since I have been putting it off for months. well here are some more pics from the trip,
jed
[signature]
You know petty there is nothen like gatheren winter meat.......and fish should be a big part of it...looks like a fish fry is in order???[url "javascript: addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url]

See MGB keepen some is ok!!![url "javascript: addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url]
[signature]
i was taught by the big guy... keeping fish is alright if you make good use of it. hey predator you want some fish???
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Nice![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I Wanno Go !!!!!
[signature]
im planning on going about 6:30am tomorrow
[signature]
Some of us fisher folks have to WORK!!!!! LOL
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]Nice job, petty, jed, and jed's boss! That looks like a total blast. Wish I could go with ya tomorrow, petty, but work calls, unfortunately. Hope you guys tear 'em up tomorrow!
[signature]
It looks like they had a great day but I don't like looking at all of those dead fish I would of let them all go. They will never be a member of CARP'T. By the way what is the limit on wipers?

CARP'T
[signature]
6 wipers, ive been out there several times and not brought home anything. so i dont feel bad about bringing home a limit every once and awhile. besides they taste yummy.
[url "javascript: addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url][url "javascript: addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url]
[signature]
[red][size 3]Hey, How'd you get that young lady to kiss away at that fish? Oh, never mind, looking at the other guy in the picture I guess it's not that diffrnt'. Just givn' ya' stress. Congratz on a great day on the water! Better get them in the frying pan so you can work that possession limit down to go do it again! [/size][/red]
[signature]
Congrats on a nice day at Willard. I don't want to cause a lot of controversy, but having caught Wipers before and knowing how much people enjoy catching wipers, it sure does make me cringe to see all those dead fish. I am not against keeping some fish, but man that is a lot of nice wipers out of the water. I believe that most people enjoy catching wipers a lot more than eating them. But hey, I may be wrong.
[signature]
Nice fish. Let me know how they taste. I'm glad that you kept ALL of them. If you pay for the license, then you might as well take some home and enjoy them. I just got back from a backpacking trip, and boy did those cutthroats taste yummy.
[signature]
yea my thoughts exactly. I am going to be eating them tomorrow. I am not sure how I get her to kiss the fish and me, but whatever works. I am not going to complain.
jed
[signature]