Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ww griggs pk or pv 8000
I was gifted this float tube by my mom and im wondering if anyone knows anything about it any help will be appreciated
thanks
[signature]
[#0000ff]Sorry, but I have not been able to find it on the Internet anywhere. However, if it is put out by WW Griggs, it should be a decent ride. They are well known for their quality fly rods.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I suspect they have had some tubes made "private label", rather than manufacturing them inhouse.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Can you get a digital pic and post it? We can tell a lot more about its origin and its features by seeing something. Better yet, if there is a website listed on any of the info that came with it, post that and we can do some more research.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][#0000ff]Reply #2. Coincidentally, I was just down at Sportsmans, in Midvale, and noticed that they had a big display of Griggs tubes. Looks like they are made for Griggs in China. Many of todays tubes are made there. They appear to be a good design with good materials and stitching. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The two different models I saw at Sportsmans were both the Vboat design, with an open front, held apart by a stabilizer bar. Good apron, good backrest and big pockets. All good things.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I did not see any ratings for weight capacity, but I am guessing they would easily hold 250 pounds.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Let us know how it handles on the water and let us help if you decide to add some rod holders or fish finder.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Again, congrats on a good score. You have a great mom. Does she realize how badly she may have contributed to your fishing delinquency?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey TD did you see that pontoon I mentioned a while back with the standing platform upfront at the Midvale Garts? What do you think, LOL.
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][#0000ff]Yeah, I got it all measured up to fit either in or on top of my Jimmy. One (or two) of those are going to be part of our arsenal within a week or two.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You are no doubt referring to the Fish Cat Cougar?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The only reason I have hesitated getting the first one is that I am still trying to figure out exactly how I will rig the rod racks so they will not be in the way of the oars. Just about got it worked out.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
If all else fails you can always strap the rod rack to your back[url "javascript: addTag('Wink')"][Wink][/url]
[signature]
[url "javascript: addTag('cool')"][cool][/url][#0000ff]Not enough room on my back, with everybody else already there.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff](I am married you know)[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Like I said, I have two or three alternative plans. I will post pics and particulars when I make the big move.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I'm sure you'll figure something out! You can always just tie a string to the butts of the poles and drag them along behind you[url "javascript: addTag('Tongue')"][Tongue][/url]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Bill, welcome to the forum. Go ahead and register and stay awhile.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Griggs makes a good craft. You should enjoy it when you are able to get it on the water. Don't worry about the lack of a crotch strap. That is more common in the "donut" shaped craft, to keep you from sliding out the bottom. I don't know of any of the open front U-boats or V-boats that have them.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]One of the initial concerns of a lot of former donut dunkers is about sliding off the bench type seats. I am sure you could do it, if you set your mind to it, but it is highly unlikely. The way the craft are designed and balanced, you should be able to fish comfortably and stable all day. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I usually make the suggestion that whenever someone gets a new craft, that they take it out on the water without all the tackle and stuff on the first trip...at least until you get the seats adjusted and get used to the feel. Once you are all set up and can paddle around without concern, it is easier to focus on fishing.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Come on back when you are getting close to your first launch. Let us know if you need any input on adding "bells and whistles", like sonar or rod racks.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I own a WW. Griggs V-6000 ride. I got it at sportsmans wharehouse about 2 years ago for about $69. They have two models there right now. Both are open front U-shaped tubes. The 6000 model is a good size model and holds me just fine at 6'3'' and about 275. It has 3 air bladders (1 main and 2 in the high back rest). It has 2 large pockets, stripping basket/apron, plenty of D rings and velcro fasteners, and a crotch strap that attaches to the front stabilizer bar. The seat is not cushioned nor does it have a floation in it. You sit fairly low in the water like in most tubes. The other style tube has a cushioned seat that would keep you sitting higher in the water. It is almost a cross between the standard u-tube and a pontoon because of how high you sit up. For what its worth I have enjoyed mine. I thinks a really good deal for the price.
[signature]