Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Hints for Fish Lake
I'm going to Fish Lake for 3 days starting Saturday, Never been there but heard that fishing was great there, lots of big fish! does anyone have any hints on the best spots to fish, and what work the best! (bait & tricks) hope to post alot of pics when I return!!!
[signature]
i have not been to fish lake for 2 months but the fishing should be starting to pick up.. well to start with you have to have a boat to fish fish lake.. as for the big fish in fish lake there are some real nice fish in there but very hard to catch.. from what i have heard from my buddy that works down there is that they have cought more macks this year then any other year.. they say that they are hitting one nice fish over 10lbs a week there.. most of them are comeing from big rainbow crank baits trolled fast.. and flatfish trolled slow .. down in the 50 to 60 foot area.. but if you just want to have some fun with some smaller fish i would go after the splake with a jig tipped with perch.. go to the east side any where you find a nice school of fish in 30' to 100' feet of water then start jigging up them splake.. i have found that it's hard to beat a white tub jig in 3/4" to 3" size there..you can catch splake and rainbows,perch, and even nasty ol chubs as well with that rig.. note if you catch a chub use it as bait as will the macks and splake love them..then if you just want to catch a lot of fish and dont care much about the size you can troll with just about any of your standerd trout spoon,triple tezers.popgear and whatever. flatfish. smaller trout crank baits.

hope that helps
dude on fish?
[signature]
After fishing the Lake for nearly 20 years the best advice to give concerning Fish Lake is, take Ron great advice. I will add that like all things Fish Lake takes time to learn and there are no tricks other than a knowledge of the water and fish habits.
So that been said I'll simply add,, Have a great time at Fish Lake, one of my favorite spots to dance on hard water..
[signature]
Thanks for the info. but the trip was not a good one! We arrived Sunday and the weather was great. By the time We lanuched the boat and set up camp the weather had turned bad! rain-lighting-thunder-wind all night, Monday morning was overcast so we went out but no luck but a couple of small nibbles, (never caught a fish after a big storm) Went back to camp about 1:00 and it was starting all over again, So I decided to end the trip short & packed up, frist trip to Fish Lake not a good one!!
[signature]