Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report 8/15/04
FISHED WILLARD this morning with yper and yper jr. out of my boat. trolled the west dike trolling producers white and blue backs, caught 12 total fish before 1:30pm 78* water temp. time is running short on launching a small boat out of the north marina there where water skiers that hit there prop going out.
[signature]
It sure sounds like the morning is the best time to be on the water, nice report. We just got back and only caught six, we caught one along the west shore, the rest came in the SE corner. The one I caught along the West dike was only 14 inches, how big were the wipers you caught there this morning? Water temp was 84* when we arrived at 4pm and 78* when we left around 9pm. WH2
[signature]
fishing dont pick up till around 11am. the biggest was 22" ans smallest was12" most where 17-19"
[signature]
I guess it's just a matter of finding the fish that are actively feeding, thanks for the info. The last five wipers we caught yesterday were caught in the last hour before we left. I think the catching will just keep getting better now that the weather is starting to cool. I was surprised the water level had not dropped much since the last time out, a few inches or so, what do you think? WH2
[signature]