Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 8/14-8/15 (report)
Hit Willard Saturday morning at 7:00am. No problem for my 17 foot Crestliner with the motor up over the shallow hump. We boated 18 wipers and 5 catfish on Saturday and 10 wipers on Sunday. Didn't hit the water until almost noon on Sunday. Most were caught on silver and black producers and the standard modified prism. Light pole area and out in front of the north marina were the two best places on both days. Water temp was 74 degrees when we started and was 78 to 80 when we came off.
Thanks for the report. Sounds like it was a good day. How were the bugs?
[signature]
Just enough breeze we did not notice too many bugs. I know early in the week when we went over in the evening when the sun started to set they were thicker than all get out.
[signature]
I thought that was you yesterday, I guess we should have come over and said hi? We saw you over by the light pole around 4:30 or 5pm. Sounds like you did good, what time did you pick up most your fish? WH2
[signature]
it must have been you in the crestliner that went by yper and i about 1pm along the north dike. we where in the camo 14fter with sideplanners out
[signature]
How far out from shore were you?I am trying to go there this saturday and hopefully catch something from shore.
[signature]
Most of the fish on Sunday were caught around 3:00pm. We were out trolling about 50 yards from shore both days. Tried to stay in eight feet of water.
Thanks for the info i think i can cast out that far.
[signature]
Exactly were is the light pole and can you walk to it?
[signature]
[size 1]To get to the light pole by land get off on the southern Willard off ramp turn left towards Smith & Edwards. Before Smith & Edwards you will see a sign on the right that says Willard Bay State Park. Turn right and DO NOT TURN RIGHT again when you later see another sign pointing to the right to the south Willard Bay Marina. When you get to the end of the paved road turn right onto the dirt road. Soon you will see the dike and you can follow the road around the south and west side of the dike. The road gets a little rough but passable by car. You can park anywhere and climb up over the dike and fish, but to get to the light pole you need to travel to the northwest corner of the dike. You will see the lightpole up on the dike. Hike up over the dike at that point. One other plus is that you are not in the state park so there is no fee to fish this area. Note that some cars have been broken into when people have fished this area at night (the cars are not visible because they are on the other side of the dike from where one is fishing).[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1][/size]
[signature]