Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smith & Morehouse - Friday 8.13.04
Finally got some quality time out the son on Friday. Decided to try Smith & Morehouse. We only caught two that we kept because they swallowed the hook. Caught a total of three in about a two hour period from the bank on the west side of the lake. We were using marshmellow & worm.
Even though it was slow fishing and the fish were only 10 to 12" or so, we had a blast. It's been about 6 years since I've fished the lake and I had forgotten just how beautiful and peaceful it is up there and the best thing is, we did not have to pay an enterence fee to fish from the bank. You only have to pay if you are going to launch a boat and that is only $5.00. Finally, something good that our hard earned tax dollars go to support.
I would recomend this lake for anyone who wants to get away from the crowds. I don't think alot of people visit this area because of the dirt road access even though it is very well maintained. Heck, the outhouse didn't even stink.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, S & M is a great place to get away from it all and catching fish is a nice bonus. Was there anyone else fishing the lake? What time did you start fishing? When I was there last, how earlier I started fishing made a big difference on how many I caught, by 9am the catching slowed way down. The best thing about getting out with your son is the chance to have some quality bonding time, I think more dads need to spend time like that with their kids. WH2
[signature]
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, we didn't get up there until after 9:00 a.m. and didn't get the first worm in the water until about 9:30 or so.
Your right! the best thing about getting out with the rug rats is being able to spend some quality time together. My dad passed the love of fishing down to me, who had it passed down to him by his dad. I am looking forward to spending more time as my son grows up and hopefully learns to love to fish like I do.
The old saying holds very true. "The time spent fishing can not be deducted from a man's life"!
[signature]