Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake 7/20 - 7/27
Fished Bear Lake last week three times during our family vacation. Nothing spectacular but we did manage to nail 6 fish over 8 lbs; the biggest being a little more than twice that, caught by my 11 yr old niece. She fought the fish all by herself with some coaching from her uncle. Also caught several smaller fish in the 1-3 lb range. All fish were caught jigging and all the fishing was done from 6 am to about 11 am.<br><br>I believe all this inclement weather, which has plagued the Willard fishermen, helps the Bear Lake fishery. We had a lot of fun spending the week on the Bear and the fishing provided some great times. I know my niece will remember her big mack for some time.<br><br>
Hey mac, welcome back! Glad you had a great trip. Yeah, Willards been pretty dead as of late. But I've still been pretty hard at it. I'll be heading out Thursday or Friday night to give it another go. <br><br>Yes, My boat is ugly. <font color=red><b>But its for fishin', not for fashion [Tongue]</font color=red></b>
Congratulations mack. Its always fun to watch the kids face light up. My little ones arent big enough to habdle a 16 pound mack. But it would be fun to watch them try.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
We were using standard 3" tube jigs tipped with cisco. White with dark flecks worked well. The darker colors didn't seem to produce as well. The macks are deep so fish from 70 ft and out. Stay right on the bottom but don't neglect the the fish higher in the water column. Come up on them, give them a few jigs and if they don't hit go back to the bottom.<br><br>