Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This weeks wipers.
Well the wind kept the waves up and rolling. Made for a boat control pain in the butt, but even with the chop on the water we did find one awesome boil that was very visible even with the waves. It was a fierce bunch of splashing. Skeeter was fortunate enough to have on top water, I was using a jig. We bolth caught fish casting in the area of the boil as there were several small pods of surface activity. We caught most of the fish trolling, we only wound up boating seven wipers and lost five more. So, I have located some fish for this weeks trips. As long as the weather holds we should do about average. Always hopeful for a great day though. We must have been out of practise from fishing for kokes and trout becasue we werent on the ball and I thought I had the state record on for a long time until we got him in the boat. He was no doubt a decent fish but after spending a week catching trout I was sure he was a monster. Theres nothing like the fight of a wiper!!!! <br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
Teroy, whats your deal for friday? Are you still headed out? If the fish are in the same area that I found them tuesday, we may want to gang up and surround a boil with a few boats and try to hold them in the area. I will be out with bear lake mack and possibly wh2. If you and old coot or kent decide to come out we may be able to pull it off if we find a bunch of fish on the surface. Skeeter wont be there, he cant get enough of the gorge this year, hes headed back up this weekend. Silly kokanee lovers.<br>Hey, BLM, I got the pics of that lake trout, very nice. Thanks for sending them over. Only one thing, I cant believe you are running around with your shoes off in a fishing boat! Theres just too many hooks in a fishing boat to be that brave. If I set down a rod and step on the lure, my foot may become permanently attached to the carpet, Ouch!<br>Wiper hunter 2, are you going out in my boat friday? Let me know and we will set up the time.<br><br>UNICORN CATCHER F.L.P.
I'm headed out tonight here shortly. If the weather looks decent Friday I will be out. Sounds like a good plan to me.<br><br>Yes, My boat is ugly. <font color=red><b>But its for fishin', not for fashion [Tongue]</font color=red></b><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Teroy on 07/31/02 06:29 PM.</EM></FONT></P>
We run a tight ship, Captain! Besides, that a hard core fishing boat - NO CARPET ALLOWED! When you're in a boil, you let fish flop around on the deck, gather them up later, and hose her of when you get home! There's no comfortable seat on her either, just lots of deck to climb around like a monkey.<br><br>Glad you liked the pics. I'm luck I had my digital camera with me! Even luckier that it had good batteries in it.<br><br>
Hey guys it looks like you are having way too much fun. I am buried at work this week, but would be more than willing to bring up the boat next week on an evening or two. Unfurtunately, I live in North Salt Lake (next to Bountiful). Anyone out there have any experience on how bad the traffic jam is on I-15?<br><br>Kent<br><br>
I come from Hill AFB, kent. 2 things I do to avoid I-15. <br><br>1. Get off in layton and take Main st all the way down to Willard. The down side is Main St is also under construction down in Ogden. It goes to one lane with a very slow stop light. It gets backed up pretty bad. <br><br>2. Get off on Riverdale, go to 84 and take that up to I-15. You will still get caught in traffic for abour 15 or 20 min's but by skipping that part of 15, you just saved about an hour waiting time.<br><br>Yes, My boat is ugly. <font color=red><b>But its for fishin', not for fashion [Tongue]</font color=red></b>
I went to Willard today the 1st, and caught 1 crappie, 1 carp, 1 small catfish and 1 crawdad. not exactly the best fishing day, and to make everything worse I went to the west dike over by the light pole, and saw 5 wiper boils..water was calm the whole time i was there and no mistake about it they were wiper boils, Saw the seagulls in mass numbers hover over the water and diveing in. Twice there was 2 differnt boils going on from what i saw with the birds. I don't have a boat so I was stuck on shore watching and listening to those birds. maybe next time i will atleast have my float-tube with me. Also helped a fellow angler catch some spotted shad minnows over at the inlet, no not gizzard shad, there are 2 kinds of shad in willard, the spotted and gizzard, just incase you all didnt know,I myself didnt find out til about a week ago. Might go back tomorrow.<br><br>swimming in ice.