Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
holmes creek reservoir in layton
Has anybody had any success fishing Holmes Creek Reservoir in Layton? I've been there once but the fishing was absolutely terrible. Could've been the wrong season though. There is supposed to be bass, walleye, and crappie in there. It's kind of close to home and I was just curios if it would be worth another trip up there.
keep fishing it. move around to find the fish. there are some nice fish in there. I have hook and released a nice 6 lb bass and a few 3 to 4 lb eyes and some nice slabs. this time of the year I love to work small topwater lures up in the north end of the pond and some senkos over to the north east side.
[signature]
Wish this res allowed floating. There are some hot spots there that aren't accessible from the shore. I have fished here a couple times and both times I didn't catch a thing. Then again it was hot, and the wrong time of year.

Took my fish finder and depth finder and found several fish on the bottom as well as lots of deep deep areas.
[signature]
Hey nomoose you may have to show me where you go there. I have tried a couple of times with little success. Although I did nail a nice 3lber on a nightcrawler.
[signature]
where exactly is holmes creek reservior i think i know but im not sure and how do you get there
[signature]
how did you use the fish finder without floating the pond? just curious.
[signature]
[reply]how did you use the fish finder without floating the pond? just curious.[/reply]

Its just a little wireless remote one that you cast out like a bobber and reel in.
[signature]