Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wiper question
I know the main forage for wipers is the shad but is that the only forage in willard for them? And are they bottom feeders too?I ask since we hooked them with worms fished on the bottom.
[signature]
Opertunistic feeders?
[signature]
I agree and just like any predator including myself. If I dont have to work hard for a meal or cold one I dont. [laugh]
[signature]
I think the guys are right, the wipers will take whatever is around. I'm sure they will feed on what ever minnows are in the lake and there are a lot of different kinds. The most plentiful are the shad but there are carp, perch crappie, catfish, walleye, smallmouth and of course baby wipers when they are stocked. WH2
[signature]
Yeah but Pat those "stupid" southern Stripers can be pretty tasty though! lol
[signature]
Agree ol'e pal!! Soiled, Spoiled and Boiled, before death! But hey, theres no refrigeration need! What more could ya ask for??[laugh]
[signature]
[size 1][#0000ff]"A man should know his limitations." Know what I mean, Vern?"[/#0000ff] [/size]
LOL!, Sadly as the years creep up I'm begining to know them all to well. The ol'e body isnt as bullet proof as it once was.. I've chose to avoid rolling down the face of Timp. on the wheeler this year, LOL!.. Man that hurt!!!!!

Btw,, Nice shishies, but aint ya supposed to wait ta harvest em untill they've lost their spots? Oh wait, wrong sport! Just kidding!!

Get Fish Pat!
[signature]
Hey thanks for the info!That gives me a lot more ideas to try next time i am up there.
[signature]
cutbait seems to work "really" well for wipers up there, i am not going to say what type but last fall i could catch my limit on the south dike in 2 hrs. as well as some little cats.
catfish joe
[signature]
Come on give us a hint!
[signature]