Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lincoln beach
went out to lincoln for some night catfishing. The fishing was slow and cold. brrrrr. I did manage to catch one nice 27" channel that was really fat and the coloration was different than any I have caught that big. Normally when I catch them they are a lot darker. This one was more to the blue coloration,
jed
[signature]
nice fish jed...
[signature]
Damn I knew it, theres Great Whites in that there water! [Wink] Good kittie Jed! Did ya try for Eyes?
[signature]
I threw a glow head jig around for a while with no takers so I just relaxed. Any advice on how to catch them this time of year?
jed
[signature]
Well I'm no expert but I'd try troll em or working the drops. What area out there were you fishing?
[signature]
Yeppers, and I hope the beach gets more patrolled for those having more than their fair share was well as NOT having a licence to fish.
[signature]
Nice fish!What part of the lincoln were ya fishing?
[signature]
I agree big time. It ticked me off soo bad last year to see all of those people keeping way over their limits of fish and there wasn't a thing I could do about it,
jed
[signature]
Coldfooter,

I was at the Provo boat harbor's north jetty for an hour so this morning and got my license checked. First time for me over there. Fishing was slow, managed to get only two white bass. The other guys fishing were catching mudcats and also some white bass. The guy next to me said he caught walleye and white bass yesterday at the north jetty. This is the worst I've seen Utah Lake in years water level-wise.

tight lines
kastmaster
Kastmaster: Over all I've been checked more this year than I was for atleast the past 10 years combined. I'll also say I'm glad to see it taking place. The first time I was check this year was at Utah Lake while standing on the spring playing with Crappy while waiting on the eye. But even at that I've probably fished that area 30 times this year and that was the one and only time I was checked at Utah Lake. Agree'd, the DWR cant be in all places at all times, but, I figure they know then a water is being used to a great extent and they should be there like stink on (you know what) while heavy fishing pressure is on a given water.
And I know what you mean about the lake being down too! Bird Island witch once a upon a time could barely be found now looks like a nation unto itself! Anyone got its zip code??

Jed: I know exactly what your talking about.. Lets hope a few more actual stops take place with far less drive bys.. Maybe then things will be a tad more honest...
[signature]
[reply]
[url "http://javascript:%20addTag('cool')/"][cool][/url][#0000ff]Have patience "Jed-eye". The force will be cooling the waters soon, and catch the walleyes you will.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Most years there is a sudden transition in the fishing, brought about by the first major cooling spell. That typically happens around the middle to the end of September. Once the water cools into the comfort zone of the temperature sensitive species, they get a lot more active. Then, they stay that way clear up until iceup and even under the ice, when the force is with you.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That doesn't mean that walleyes will not bite right now. It just means that they are probably hanging out in an area of the lake with a couple of degrees less warmth than around Lincoln Beach. The same warm waters that bring in the cats tend to keep cold water critters away. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff] [/reply]
What are your thoughts on the bubble up area just out from the plant? Is this warm generally warmer or colder this time of year?
[signature]
yeah, that is a nice 7 or 8lber! i love cats especially over 3 or 4 lbs. lincoln beach has allways been good to me when it comes to cats. is that the only one that u caught? how long did u stay? and what area did you catch the brute? i think i am planning a trip downt there especially with how cold its been!
catfish joe
[signature]
Can you launch there or is it a fishing from the dyke thing? I havent been there yet but I saw it from the air when I was flying in a few weeks ago. I have a small boat and a pontoon, would it be good to bring either?
[signature]
I missed a couple of other bites, but he was the only one I got in. He fought really hard too. We stayed until about 3:00 am and started around 11:00pm or so.
jed
[signature]
Nice fish Jed. Your live well looks suspiciously like a bath tub! I'm sure my wife would kill me if I put a kitty in the tub.
[signature]
Jed-eye has his wife trained well. Don't you think? The rest os us beg permission to go fishing and in his family he puts his foot down and uses even the bathtub for fishing exploits!
[signature]
I thought I recognised the tone in that post. Let's just keep her oblivious to the fact that it is not normal to keep catfish in the bathtub,
jed
[signature]
Nice fish! I've got to get out that way one of these brisk mornings.
[signature]
hey cowboyfisherman, i think you've got it mixed up, who's well trained in this relationship..and what about yours?! i wouldn't say i'm trained, i just have had to learn to tolerate A LOT. but i still love him!!

by the way-this is leona, jed's wife
[signature]