Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girl hit by boat at Deer Creek
Guess it was another crazy day at D.C. Brad wanted me to go up with him, but I had to finish a trailer I've been working on.
When he got home about 2:30, he called and said a girl got hit by a boat and as far as he could tell, she got her leg cut half off. Too many boats going too fast.
Life flight had to land at Island park and take her away.

The boats have been getting way worse this year. The new Park ranger sits in his office all day. When Travis was the ranger, the parks boat was out writing tickets and keeping it under control. Too bad something like this happened, but maybe now some laws will be enforced.
Fishing was good for Smallies in deep water. Thirty feet, snap jigging.

walleyebob
[signature]
I am curious. What is the "snap jigging" presentation you use? Would you please elaborate on it for us. Thanks, Acey
[signature]
That's really too bad about the girl, I wish her the best in her recovery. I wish the rangers were out ticketing people more often as well. The parks are low on funds, so a few tickets to those deserving individuals might help out the budget crunch.
[signature]
i hope the best for this girl and her family.but it never cease's to amaze me when people are reckless on a boat.it defenitly sound's like more inforcement is needed on these water's
[signature]
Thats too bad about the girl, I hope you does OK. Hey Bob, long time no reports, I'm glad to hear you have been getting out there and catching some fish. Whats the deal with the walleye this year at DC, it sure is amazing how the catching changed from last year. I don't think I remember hearing one report of any big eyes being caught this summer. WH2
[signature]