Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 8-28-04
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Urbanforester and I hit Willard yesterday afternoon. Launching conditions are continuing to deteriorate. There are still folks launching ski boats and larger fishing boats but are having to push them over the hump. Urbanforester's jon boat went right through with his electric motor held with the prop barely in the water. We launched about 3:30pm.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]The conditions were great. Flat water, no wind. We trolled and casted but the fishing was piss poor. Urbanforester caught two fish on a white in-line spinner. We saw some wiper activity on the west shoreline but not much else going on. We briefly talked to an older gent who had caught five wipers on silver and black floating and perch rapalas. He trolled exclusively with an electric, claiming the fish were spooked by outboard noise in shallow water conditions.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We came in after dark and watch as the moon came up over Rock Point. Pretty incredible and as usual, my camera did not do it justice. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font] [center][Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=6084;][/center]
[signature]
that is a way cool picture rich. one thing about willard that amazes me is the night shots of sunsets and just overall scenery is great from that lake.
[signature]
Thanks for the report and nice picture. I was hoping the cold weather and rain this last week would have stopped the flow of water out of Willard. This week the temps go back up so that won't be good for the water level. WH2
[signature]
Hey BearLakeMack, we waved at ya! My brother and I were the ones in the kaki 16' crestliner with the 3 kids. Great pic! Anyone who wasn't there missed out on a BEAUTIFUL evening, even if the fishing was bad! The water was glassy smooth. Did you see how many people were in that ski boat?? HOLY SMOKES didn't think you could fit that many in a boat at one time. They were courteous enough to stay a long way off from where everyone else was (wow who would have thought).
[signature]