Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Record Smallie??? (Lake X)
Sunday morning, the Ranger at Lake X (while bantering on about trout, whiskey, bass, and the world in general) told me that there was a new state record SMB caught there last week. He indicated that this fish was 9+ (yes NINE).

The DWR's site does not list a new SMB record, and normally I would laugh it off, but coming from a ranger makes me scratch my head and wonder.

Can anyone confirm this?
[signature]
I talked to some Rangers on sat. They heard nothing about a 9lb smallie.
[signature]
I believe Tomegun. That is a huge fish, considering the biggest to come out of Lake X is pushing 7 lbs. Seven to nine lbs. is a big jump in records.

Still, it's eneogh to get me excited to want to head up there tomorrow!!![Smile]

Senkonate
[signature]
Skeeter 2 heard from someone that a guy caught and kept an 8lb smallmouth from the nelle. And tried to get it certified at the D.W.R but naturally all they did was confiscate the fish and wrote the guy a ticket. How stupid could you be to try and pull off something like that.I guess theres always someone that thinks they have it all figured out.
[signature]
I'm going to walk in and tube Rock Cliffs tomorrow (Tuesday, 8-31) if anyone wants to join me. I'm planning on getting there around 3 or 4, and fishing till dark.

Senkonate
[signature]