Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Mead 08/29/04
Sunday 08/29/04- Hit the water early (4:45a.m.)and headed for Las Vegas Wash. Tossed the casting net about a million times and ended up with several dozen nice live shad. Started fishing in Hole 33 at first light and ended up with 18 nice stripers. What a great day of live bait fishing. It seemed like 50 ft. was the depth to fish at. We would hook a shad on a live bait hook at the dorsal fin, squeeze a small split shot about 2-3 ft. up the line and send it slowly to 50 ft. Not long after reaching that depth, WHAM! a nice striper! The fish were really lean. The lake was perfectly calm. We did not see a single boil. I can't wait until we go out again and try our luck at Lake Mead .
BaySport
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]You suck! Wish I was there! Sounds like a great trip! Make your wife some ceviche tostadas with roasted tomatillo salsa or try the Chimayo red chile salsa like you had up here. Hey, have you had the inflatable out yet?[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
lucky dog!

sm
[signature]
It was a great day of live bait fishing. I've been out when nothing would bite, even on live shad. I have yet to take the inflatable out. I registered it and am ready to go. I think it will make a fun boil chaser for Big E. I have a nice electric motor for it. Lee called the other day to follow up on how the two engines were running and could not believe I had not used them yet. That will change. I will be fishing every Sunday from now until the bite slows. I also want to take in some night fishing with live shad. I now have five underwater lights, and a really good anchor. Come down a lets go fishing!
BaySport
[signature]