Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOVE HUNT
Has anyone gone dove hunting or is anyone going dove hunting? I love fishing but I also like to get out and go hunting once in a while so I was wondering if anyone has gone. Does anyone know of any good places to hunt dove around Utah County? Any info would be appreciated.
I was ready to go out this morning, but the cold weather moved the doves out of my hunting spot. I hope someone finds some birsd. I'm sure I'll go out, but just to putz around.
[signature]
well took my wife out for the first time for her to hunt. took me 2 hours to limit "and a box of shells" and 2 hours for my wife to shoot her first dove the ten more mins for a 2nd bird. "after box and a half of shells" what fun it was to see her get them and to just have fun shooting at them. we found a nice spot up by snowville and had birds trying to get into our spot almost the full 21/2 hours we hunted there. best part no other hunters there and lots of birds. here's a few pics of the wifes birds "she is really sleepy, she couldn't sleep last night"
[signature]
I wish it only took me 1 box of shells to get my limit. The time frame was about the same as yours but I used a little over two boxes. I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn yesterday if I had been shooting from inside of it.
[signature]
Well I made it out too but I only saw a few birds and most were too far out to shoot at. I wish I could have found a water hole to hunt but no such luck. I am glad everybody else got a few. I did find and scout out the chukars. I am excited for that hunt to open.
I actually had a good hunt! had my limit by 11 and only used 2.5 boxes to get them, went out again thursday and got 4 more but real hard in the windy conditions, but best dove hunt in 10 years!!!!
[signature]
I haven't hunted them this year, but I've had about triple the usual amount around my house this year. As usual, we've had a major cold front come through within the first week of the hunt, so I'm sure that'll put a damper on things unless you head south.
[signature]
11 birds for 50 shells? If you were using anything but a .410, I would recommend a few more trips to the skeet range next summer.
[signature]
Yea! that was really pathetic shooting but I have a good excuse!! I just bought a brand new gun a week before that so no practice and not use to the gun yet, but getting alot better with it now, went out the other day and only shot 18 shells and 6 birds! thats a little better huh?
[signature]
I was just rattling your chain, what kind of gun did you get?
[signature]
I got a Franchi 912 auto loader in shadow grass camo! its a real nice gun, I love it so far, I just can't wait til the duck hunt to get some real use out of it thats what I mainly bought it for, just using the dove hunt for warmups!!
[signature]