Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard bay/pineview 8-4 sat
Well we got to willard bay at 10am and the temp was great not hot or cold.Wad a little cloudy later in the day but nice.We went to the same spot we were last time we were there.Ended up with 4channels and we released them all.They were between 2-5 lbs.Bruce my son caught 3 and the biggest one and my daughter sam caught 1.It was a little slow so we left there about 3pm.Oh and there were about 2 boats out there so i guess you can still launch there .We then headed to pineview since we were up there.We fished the narrows fromabout 4 till 730. The only bites we had were from the perch.They were everywhere!So mrs.ocean and the kids decided to hunt crawdads while i fished.I didnt get a bite there all night.There was a guy who was fishing on a boat and told me he was only catching very little smallies.The couple that was fishing on the other side to us was doing the same.We had a great day even though not many fish were caught but it beats working!
[signature]
Thanks for the report, too bad the catching wasn't better but at least you caught some nice cats at Willard. A five pound cat is a decent fish, were you using night crawlers?
We were out there today but only caught one wiper, we had no problem launching my 16 foot starcraft. Water temp was 64*. WH2
[signature]
Yes worms were the trick.We caught them last time we were there with worms too and the wiper.In fact we had several wiper hits on worms .
[signature]
Hey Ocean, did you notice if pineview had alot of boat & PWC traffic? I hav'nt been up there for over a month and was thinking about going up tomorrow evening if it is'nt too crowed.
[signature]
I was up at Pineview yesterday and I was surprised there weren't that many boats on the water.I expected to see alot more.We didn't get alot of fish. A couple of carp and a whole bunch of 2 inch smallies next to the rocks, we fished from about 1:00 til 6:00.
[signature]
I didnt see many boats out there the ones that were there were trolling .Hope this helps.
[signature]
Thanks for the information. Thats the kind of conditions I am hoping for. I am heading up now for some muskie fishing.
[signature]