Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dry lake report.
Went out to "Dry lake" otherwise known as willard bay.
Now, before you get your underwear in a twist, I didnt take the big boat. Just the little bugger.
Went out to my "secret spot" and started trolling.
Hooked up pretty quick, but went dead for a while after that, then I pulled a loop, and it was game on.
I pulled that loop for hours and ended up with 17 wipers.
No big ones, all about 2.5 - 3.0 lbs.
Talked to another guy out there on the ramp, he got five.
The water is shallow, but I was surprised at how easy it was to get small boats on the water and out into the lake.
Its really no problem. I never even touched bottom, or had to get out and drag my boat, I just paddled through the shallow spot, and was fine.
It was nice to have the entire lake to yourself on a holiday weekend. Especially since the water was flat and smooth, no wind, no bugs, and it wasnt hot at all out there. perfect conditions for a nice days fishing.
All fish were released, as always.
[signature]
you didnt take anyhome for dinner? are you sick or something?
[signature]
Sounds like we went out to Willard a day too early. We marked plenty of fish near the light pole but only caught one. The water temp sunday was 64*, did you get a temp reading yesterday? Now whats this about a secret spot? You know as well as I do that there won't be anyone out there that might fish it out this year LOL. Unless of course Petty decides to give it another try, ha,ha. Way to go, sounds like a great day on the lake, did you fish by yourself? WH2
[signature]
Well WH2, you know me. Theres no secret spot. My secret spot is just the standard habits I have when fishing willard. You have fished with me enough to know just exactly what I was doing, and where I do and dont fish on that puddle.
And you know me enough to know I wasnt using a producer.
[signature]
hey predator

is the water real murky still or is it clearing up a bit at all?
[signature]
How did I know that was what you were going to say but you are so right the fish are where ever you find them.
Xman- I can't speak for Predator but it was muddy when we were there Sunday. The West side was not as bad as the East side right out side the North marina. WH2
[signature]