Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Government Wash again 9/7/04
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] Went out for a night trip last night. Got out there at around 6:00 pm. There were still a lot of people out enjoying the long weekend. Some were quite as a mouse while others were very vocal in announcing their happiness. The bites were plentiful but the catch was limited. Finally picked up the first of many at 8:00. It was a monster catfish, about 5-6 ozs. Both Stripers and Catfish were hitting anchovies and worms. Shortly after midnight the bite totally died off. I started drifting in and out of consciousness when my 9' ugly stik went haywire. It turned out to be a 5-6 lb catfish. That was the only keeper for the night. The night tally was Striper 2 / Catfish 8. Several were borderline keepers but I only kept the one.
[size 2] [font "comic sans ms"] David
[signature]
glad ya gotta nice one! how'd that 9 footer feel?

sm
[signature]
[size 2][font "comic sans ms"]Southernman, the 9' rod worked good but the bow that catfish put on the rod, I had figured the fish to be bigger than it was. I would have taken pictures but my camera's battery was dead. I was going to take some more shoreline photos. Once the people vacated the point, I move in and set up camp. I got to see first hand how considerate some folks are. The people that were on the point didn't leave too much trash on the ground. They did pick up after themselves (for the most part) but they didn't take it with them. They left several grocery sacks full of garbage scattered about the shoreline. Sad, Sad, Sad.
[size 2][font "comic sans ms"]David
[/font][/size][/font][/size]
[signature]