Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another report of bass in East Canyon
Well I went to East Canyon Saturday morning. Fished from about 7:30am till 10:30am. Trolled mostly pop gear, and dodger. Tipped with a worm. Had about 4 bites. Caught one fish. hahahahah, It was a smallmouth bass. About 11-12 inches long. First bass I have ever caught.

So yeah, another report of a bass caught up in East Canyon. Be a shame if the bass ruin the trout population. I really enjoy East Canyon for a trout fishing.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, what area were you trolling? I like EC also but I don't like all the parasites on the trout, I hope the tiger trout take hole there. Usually the catching improves at EC in the fall, Oct and Nov have been good months for me but ever Dec can be hot. WH2
[signature]
Down at the south end. I think it was in the area of the 'no wake' area. I'm shocked too that I caught it on pop gear of all things. I thought pop gear was more geared towards trout. I'm really shocked at how low EC is getting. Haven't been up there since April. But I was a bit surprised.
[signature]
You liked catching that bass didnt ya?
Ah yes, another fisherman in the process of being converted to the art of multi species fishing.
Thats the smell of utahs future boys. Multi species anglers.
I look forward to the day when all fish species are treated with the respect they deserve, and the superior species attitude is gone.
Welcome to the world of smallmouth bass fishing.
Once you catch one, you want to catch more.
[signature]
hey mike shouldnt you be at work. you and your converting everyone to be a bass fisherman. ive been converted. bass are delisious[Tongue]
[signature]
hahahah, we'll see about that. Honestly all I ever fish for is trout. I've tried my luck a few years ago up at Willard Bay for something different, but no luck. Fishing is fishing. And that's all I care about.
[signature]
Jason, you are now on my list of soon to be exstinguish species.
[signature]
3 words to describe eatin bass
De Lis ous
[signature]
Thanks for the post, haven't been fishing for 5 weeks, plan on going back up to EC this weekend if I can get away from the house.
[signature]
keep in mind these were illegally introduced.
[signature]