Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provo Canyon, Utah - Grouse Hunt Opener fun
[size 1]Had a great opener for the grouse hunt on Saturday! I went with my dad, little bro and little sis up Provo Canyon. We were in prime ruffed grouse habitat, in an area that we've found grouse before so we were fairly confident that we'd get into at least a couple of them. It was my little sister's first time now that she's got her hunter safety. She was excited!! Here's the crew before we headed up the trail:
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=6276;]
And, within the first 5 minutes of hunting, I spot a small ruffed off in the bushes, trying to get away by slowly sneaking through the brush. I tell Shanna to get ready there's one. She got really nervous and scared. She couldn't get a clear shot, I just kept telling her to be patient and keep moving closer. Then she got a clear shot and I yelled, "Get him!". She fired from the 20 gauge single shot she was using. BOOM!!! Down went the grouse. A perfect shot!! Here's the proud hunter:
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=6277;]
Later, heading farther up the canyon, here's my little bro. stalking his prey!
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=6278;]
Dad and shanna coming down a hill:
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=6279;]
While I was up on a ridgeline, I caught 2 beautiful shots of the fall foliage. One's going on as my background on my computer here at work:
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=6280;]
-------------------------------------------
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=6281;]
It was a beautiful day, and we were out of there by 11:00, after a fantastic day of hunting. We ended up with 9 between the four of us: Me - 4, My little bro. - 3, Shanna - 1, Dad - 1. Got lots of good excercise, had a good time, saw some beautiful scenery, and got a tasty dinner for last night too! Yummy! [/size]
[signature]