Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport and Jordanell
[cool] Can anybody tell me what the perch are bitting on at these two lakes. I am taking my elderly mother out for her yearly fishing trip and we want to catch some perch for dinner. Any help would be appreciated.
Anything that moves? Smile Pretty much, hehehe. I had great luck with various spinners, rooster tails, small raps, etc.
[signature]
At the Nelle I took some kids out for their first fishing trip, I had them use at small green jig tipped with a small piece of nightcrawler and fish it about 4 ft. below a bobber. That seemed to work real well.
[signature]
A worm under a floating bobber has worked well for me. After you catch one, cut it up and use perch for bait for the perch.
[signature]
DO NOT CUT UP A PERCH AND USE IT FOR BAIT NOT UNLESS YOU WANT A TICKET SPORTFISH OR ANY OF THERE PARTS CAN NOT BE USED FOR BAIT LOOK IT UP JUST LOOKING OUT FOR YOU
[signature]
Mike, I have looked it up many times and you can use DEAD perch on specific wates. This is an excerpt from the proc.

7. Bait
R657-13-12
(3)...
(b) Dead yellow perch may be used as bait only in: Deer Creek, Fish Lake,
Echo, Gunnison, Hyrum, Johnson, Jordanelle, Mill Meadow, Newton, Pineview,
Rockport, Starvation, Utah Lake, and Willard Bay reservoirs.
[signature]
Not only can you fish with Perch meat at the Nell' but unless you have an endless supply of worms, it's the best bait to use... just tip a small lure that you don't mind loosing if caught on the brush (and you will loose 'em on the brush) with a hunk of Perch fillet with skin in tact, drop to 6"-8" from bottom and jig away... if you don't get results in the first 5 min's, move till you do.

remmember the limit is 50 fish so take a freind... alot of freinds...

good luck... PB
[signature]
Where is the best place to fish from shore at Jordanelle and Rockport?
[signature]
For Rockport I like the west side, for perch now I would be somewhere near the south side of the last point or near the dam.
Jordenelle, Rock Cliffs rec area. It may be closed due to construction. The state park covers a vieriety of water from the brushnear the camp grounds and out around the points all the way back along the rocks to the primitive camping coves can be good.

If You want perch pretty much anywhere will have them, move around to find big ones.
[signature]
Thanks for the advice, I'll be giving it a try!
[signature]
i have been going up to echo, and killing the perch. took my mom and 2 sisters and in 4 hours we caught a little more than a hundred. just worms with a split shot on the bottom. every cast. we also caught some bows. right near the boat ramp.
catfish joe
[signature]
I fished the rocky port a week ago Monday from the dam. Almost every cast I hooked a perch. I used a water bobber filled up with a small hook tiped with a piece of worm.
Just cast out, let it sink a little and start reeling in slow and you get one almost every cast.
[signature]
Any size to 'em, like 11 inchers, or were they mostly little 6 inch dinks?
[signature]
Most of them were around the little 6" mark (give or take an inch). I did manage to get enough meat for one meal for me and my daughter (she's the only other one in my family of 5 that like fish).
[signature]
WORMS, AND JIGS TIPPED WITH SAME.
[signature]
I have always done the best on a read head jig with a chartreuse body
[signature]