Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Catch of the DAY (pictures)
[Wink] Davetclown... I think you will appreciate this one!

caught this while carp fishing. I did NOT have my BFT shirt with me
was going to use a sticker if I caught a big carp... but forgot to use on with this. I was more concerned about my safety! I wanted to enter this in the contest, but, I dont think I could have anyways. It's shell was about 20 inches... I measured it..KIND OF.. with a yard stick! nasty bugger!!!!

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=6286;]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=6287;]
[signature]
Love your tie!
[signature]
Oh yeah, nice catch! Did you cut the line or actually take the hook out of its mouth? That looks like the one I caught last year while fishing for trout in the local trout lake. Ended up using pliers and a metal rod to remove my lure from its mouth.
[signature]
Thanks DDR...there is a story about that tie.

I cut the line...I could not even SEE the hook...and BELIEVE me when I say I had a good look in that thing's mouth! hahahaha!
[signature]
My friend's grandmother has a farm pond in Georgia with bass, bream and catfish in it. When they catch a turtle, they cut it's head off cause they're everywhere and they eat all the fish.
[signature]
That looks like one mean snapper!![unimpressed]
[signature]
I replyed to another of your post after seeing your picture on the wall of fame.

I certainly can apreciate the efforts it took to land one of these buggers. not only do they make a good dinner they even make a good wall hanger. there is something to be said about making a wall clock out of an animal that has withstood the passages of time...[Tongue]

and honestly they do taist like chicken, if you par boil them at 15 pounds preasure for 15 minutes then southern fry them....[Tongue][Tongue]

the trick part is cleaning them. but since it is graphic I will only share that info though a "pm"
[signature]
haha Dave..... I have hear that cleaning them is NASTY! Other than that, I'd try it. I will try anything once, that is how we all should be! But cleaning a turtle... I might not want to eat it after that.

I'd say it was between 5 and 10 pounds... I am a BAD judge of weight though, but it was a meaty fella! I have a picture of it sitting next to a yardstick that I have never posted.
[signature]
Nice catch there FisherMom. I caught a turtle not too long ago. It was a Red Eared Slider. They are much smaller but every bit as spunky. They also have a mean bite.

Nice tie.[Smile] That's kool.[cool]
[signature]
Thats a weird looking fish![sly] Is that a snapping turtle?
[signature]
Hey there FisherMOM,

Make sure they don't grab you as they won't let go until there's lightening and thunder. ha ha

Seriously, I heard generally that tortises are land only, turtles are water only, and terripins are habitually living in water/land enviornments.

Ahhhh Mobile home or house boat, what's the difference!?

JapanRon
[signature]
yes, this is an alligator snapping turtle.
They HISS and SNAP and are strong!

And I have seen bigger than this one!
[signature]
There's one in the trout lake I'll be hitting tomorrow. Can't wait to see if I hook into the fish or him!

He's huge! Shell is a good 2 feet across.
[signature]
NICE I COUGHT A TURLE ONCE WHEN I LIVED IN SAN DIEGO BUT NO TURTLES HERE IN UTAH WAS IT FUN TO REEL IN MINE WAS
[signature]
Thanks Len...
you are right though about the SLIM part...
I have shed 15 pounds this summer and working on 10 more.
Also, I have started taking my sunglasses off for my pictures when I remember.
[signature]