Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recipe Request
[size 1]If there is a special recipe that you would like to have, please use this thread to request it. I will be glad to get you the recipe that you need. Let me know as well if you like spicy, medium or milder foods.

I may even be able to help those whom are looking for lower sodium, sugar free and lower fat recipes[cool][/size]
[signature]
Hi Steve,
There's a local mexican restaurant that serves a yellow spanish style rice. Its texture is the same as trational spanish rice but it has less of a cumin taste. Any ideas what this might be and how to prepare? Sure would go good with your Carne ASada recipe..
[signature]
I've had that rice before. They generally make it boiled with chicken boullion and just add saffron for a little flavor.[cool]
[signature]
What is Saffron and where can I get it?
[signature]
Saffron is a mild spice that can be purchased at most grocery stores in the spice section. You can get different grades of it in an Indian sundries store.

There are some ready made packages of the yellow rice available at many of the Mexican markets also (cooking required). That all depends if there are any in your area.
[signature]
Many thanks...[url "javascript: top.editor_iframe.addTag('cool')"][cool][/url]
[signature]
You are most welcome. We are all here to help each other.[cool]
[signature]
Ok The Macaroni Grill's BBQ Chicken Pizza is my all time favorite. I am quite the BBQ chicken pizza coniseur and this is the best. I have tried to duplicate it using other recipes but cant get their's. Do you have the recipie? I have looked all over the web to no avail. Maybe asking them would be the way to go?
[signature]
They have a secret ingredient. It is made with [font "Arial"][size 4]BBQ sauce, chicken, mozzarella cheese, and pecorino cheese all blended together. The pecorino cheese can only be found in certain Italian Delicatesans. It is made from sheeps milk and red pepper.[/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 4][/size][/font]
[font "Arial"][size 4]Give it a try and let me know how you do. I still haven't found a good sub for a good pecorino.[/size][/font]
[signature]