Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henrys Lake
I was planning on fishing henrys this weekend( Fly fishing) after my uncle Val John Halford talked to Bill and he said it was the best year ever. Any info would be appreciated
[signature]
Check some of the other posts on the Idaho board for info if you haven't already. If you have any specific questions just ask. The best advice that I could give you it to make shure you have plenty of warm cloths. I don't think I have ever been colder than when I didn't have enough warm clothing while fishing at Henry's in the fall.

Good luck.
[signature]
Brian,

Check out my comments on the Henrys Lake/ Island Park report.

Also, I have had several calls about predictions on Henrys Lake. With the water cooling, the fish will scatter and will not be in groups like they were during July and August. Fall fishing is not only colder that the summer fishing, but it is tougher to get the numbers of large fish that we take in the summer. This is because of several factors: not only do they scatter and are not in groups, but the smaller fish become a lot more active and they will hit before the larger fish will. While in the fall we may get one or two large fish to hit - in July and August - we landed up to seven fish over 8 pounds. They were in those large groups and we knew where they were. Now it is a little tough to find the large fish - unless you are one of the first fishermen around the Hatchery. The group of fish that we fished for at Targhee Creek and Staley Springs have moved out into the weeds and are very hard to locate and catch.

Good Luck to all of you. I will continue fishing and "hunting" for the hogs until the lake freezes.

Bill
[signature]