Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who's solo for the duck hunt?
hey just want to know if there is anyone that don't have a buddy to go with for the opener on saturday. I'm thinking about going to public shooting with the wife and don't mind if someone wants to come along. "if you are willing to help pack a few decoys" sorry I don't have a dog anymore "lost both this spring" so if you have one thats a plus. I'm going to scout it out good on thursday to make sure of the spot.

so if anyone want to come and BS and hope for a shot at a duck or goose. post up.

PS I have about 7 or 8 dos decoys about ready for the hunt. should be done with them all this week.
[signature]
I would love to go with you but I am busy this Saturday maybe if you go out again another weekend I would love to go out and I am really good at packing decoys. I only know of a few good hunting spots so it would be awesome to find some new places and mmet some new people so let me now when you are going to go again and I will definetly go with you.
just so you know duck hunting is my world. it's what I live for so yes you can bet I'll be out more so anytime you can get away just say so and I'll be ready.

"have decoys will travel" lol
[signature]
Thats cool I will definetly hook up with you so we can go. I want to see those new decoys in action. Let me know how you do on Saturday and than we will have to set a time. Good luck
Hey nomoose,
We didn't get a chance to hook up last year,I have also been duck hunting since I was very young and haven't missed a year since,The opener is a zoo and I usally dont hit any of the public tell later in the year,I also have a few spots close to that area that I hunt,I will let you know and do you have any time during the week that you can get out because I hate to hunt on the weekends.

1 more question I would like to see them dekes you made up.can you post a pic.

Latrer,FNF[cool]
[signature]

I can get out any day of the week as I do my lure stuff full time now. here are a few pics of the decoys
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=6512;]
[signature]
Moose your decoys look great, if i was into bird hunting i would be hitting you up for some.
[signature]
Those decoys look great did you try any out last year? I also hate hunting weekends but with work thats about the only time I get out unless I get a day off but I will let you know sometime in the near future.
Them do look really good moose,you will be taking some out when we get out right,I already have 6doz dekes,and 10 floater geese.have a scanoe that gets me into some good area,s and no you dont have to pattle,has a 5 horse outboard.and will float in about 8" of water.fully loaded.

Good luck this weekend.If you get a chance to see what the water level at salt creek is like,let me know.

later,FNF
[signature]
hey I just got back from scouting and looks like salt has a bit more water then a few weeks ago. but I saw more ducks and geese at public. oh and I found a sweet spot.
[signature]
I'll be hunting at Public on the opener like I have every year for 9 years straight with the same rowdy bunch of guys. We'll be camped in the parking area by the Widgeon Lake dike.

The opener is definitely a zoo. Our annual opener at Public is more of a ritual get together to kick of the waterfowl season then a hunt. It's fun just to get together and kick it off. If we get into the birds it's a bonus. We do the real quality hunting AFTER the opener.

I'll be scouting today to determine if I'll be hunting Pintail, Widgeon, or Hull. Maybe I'll see you out there NoMoose.

Good luck on the opener.
[signature]
Moose have you gotten your baot made yet? from the designs it was looking like it would be killer for a duck boat
[signature]
no the city will not let me do them here so until I get a shop away they are on hold.
[signature]
Man thats bogus, is it just because you plan to build them commercially? could they stop you if you just wanted to build one for your own personal use?
[signature]