Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturday at Lake Mead 10-2
Saturday 10/2 - Hit the water early (5:30 a.m.) I know, sounds like the same 'ol, same 'ol. And it is... The same 'ol fun. Headed to Las Vegas Wash to try and net some live shad. A lot of bird activity as if a boil had just occurred. Headed into a small cove that was loaded with shad. Thirty minutes later, we had enough shad to fish with. Started our drift at the green channel marker near Hole 33 and immediately started catching fish. 1 1/2 hours later, we had caught 14 nice stripers, most of them small with one 4 1/2 pounder! The biggest fish so far this fall. It provided a good fight for my brother-in-law who was visiting from California. (Lucky Dog!) It was a perfect day to be on the water... water was calm with very little wind. Off the water before 11:00 a.m. Another great day on Lake Mead. I'm hoping that the whole month of October will be great for catching stripers at Lake Mead.
BaySport
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I'm sure Dean had a good time even if it wasn't his Davis Boat chasing salmon and albacore on the coast. More shad this weekend. More fishing and less net throwing. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Guess I'll be on Powell for 5 days starting Wednesday. Hope we get into some good striper fishing. Powell sucks...no live bait allowed but I think we can get on them.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Rich,
Refer to Reellittlephish post on Sep 27 ( Nev. Board ). Good info on Powell. Take your jigs.
Dave
[signature]