Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fly Fished the Provo (10-09-04)
Had a lot of fun on the Provo last Saturday. A friend and I had went up on the middle section. The fishing was good. Manage to piss a guy off when I caught three fish and he never had a strike. He decided to got down stream of me and fish the water that I had worked. So I went up to the hole he just left and stuck my biggest fish of the day. I made sure I played it long enough so that he could see.

Bugs are hatching around 1900. There were even a few spawners to be seen.
[signature]
Haha! AWESOME! I love the middle provo. What were you using? Dry fly or? I have always had excellent luck nymphing that part of the provo.
[signature]
[cool]Niiiiiiiice!
[signature]
Was there fish rising when the bugs were hatching? could you tell what kind of bugs were hatching? Thats always fun to have other guys mad at you when there not catching fish congrats.
Hmm....anyone heard of helping a guy out when he ain't catchin?
[signature]
[Smile]I'm more than happy to help out a fellow fisher. If I see a person out fishing me, I try to learn from them if they are willing to teach/share knowledge. If they aren't willing to share, then I'll go on my way. It's not worth ruining a trip over.

I'm not going to give someone advice if they aren't asking. That usually makes them angrier.
[signature]
Remember Dude, what goes around....comes around.
[signature]
nice james, short and sweet.

It's amazing how some guys just don't want a few pointers, I accomodate everyone that asks me for help.

See you on the water.
[signature]
Small fish were rising to the hatches. Nothing very consistent. The bugs on the water were mostly micro caddis. It was a very nice night. Streamers wern't having there normal effect on the Provo but all in all not a bad day
[signature]
I love to help people fish. I've taken a number of people in my fly tying class out to the river for free and given them a few pointers. Teaching is on of my favorite things. However most people on the river (especially the provo) that;

1. have there nice sage rods
2. Expensive Sims waders
3. Look at a 24 year old

They immediately put up a wall. Besides the guy didn't so much as acknowledge my verbal greeting
[signature]
At least you tried to be helpful/friendly. Most people I've met on the middle/upper Provo are pretty decent people. Not so on the lower. People there seem to be looking for a fight.
[signature]
I am always willing to help out another fisherman but I know how some of those people that fish the Provo are. If some one asks for help I would even give him flies and my fishing hole to catch some fish. If the guy didnt acknowledge me when I said hello either than I would have made sure he saw me catching fish as well.