Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry Report....the good and the bad.......
Finally got my dad to go fishing this year. He is not a fisherman by any means and when I have taken him before something always has to go wrong.

We got the Berry about 10 am and fished until about 6 pm. We started over by the Island where I have caught many fish this year. I thought we would slay them after all the hot posts I've been reading. So I had to refresh my dad on how to cast....once that was accomplished, he actually hooked a few fish. We caught about 6 or 7 fish the first hour or so and missed quite a few more jigging in about 50 feet of water.

We then tried over by soldier creek where my buddy had said he caught lots of Rainbows the other day. Nothing to be found. We caught a few more in the mouth of the narrows on the way back to the marina and called it a day. I was expecting a 30-40 fish day....oh well, I guess that's why it's called fishing.

So the goods news is my dad actually enjoyed the day.....no broken teeth, allergic reactions, or bad weather......I guess I'll leave it at that!
[signature]
[cool]Thanks for the report. Any big ones caught? All cut's or any bows?
[signature]
hay Catfish-

A fishing day with dad can only be wonderful, I too was able to get Grand-PapaBaruu (no fisherman ether) out for only the 2nd time this year, yesterday, also at the berry... we fished from 10:30 to around 3:00 and boated over 30 fish, one of the best times he'd ever had fishing. (all cutt's-trolling long line tubes and boogers w/worm) he just couldn't grasp the concept of all those fish and no "keepers"

Thanks for your report...we can both be grateful for the time we've shared with our dads...PB
[signature]
I fished Strawberry on tuesday (10/12) but have been to busy to post how we did. We launched about 6:45 and headed for the meadows for some trolling with buggers. We had done excellent the past 2 weeks so I was hoping for more of the same. The moss has decreased but still a fair amount in some areas. No fog in the morning like last week. We trolled all over the meadows from 7-10:30 and boated 9 fish. We had many hits that we never hooked and we lost 5 or 6 fish while reeling in. I realized after losing 4 fish that my wooly bugger had no barb on the hook any longer and thats why they kept getting off. Once I changed buggers I didn't lose any more fish. All fish were cuts and two were under the slot (both about 12 inches). Trolled at 2.0-2.2 MPH GPS speed using sinking fly line. Another fun day at the Berry but not as fast and furious as the last few weeks. Guess I was getting spoiled. Looking forward to taking my dad out this weekend since he will be here from out of town. Still looking for the big ones!

Bigcat
[signature]
I was planning on going out this Sat. Do you pack a radio and are you on the BFT channell 12? (I think that was one everybody said they were using.) Anyway, I hope to see or hear from some people their, because this is my first trip.
[signature]
Fished Strawberry saturday afternoon (10/16) from about 2:30 til dark. The W... was blowing like crazy and had about 2 foot swells to contend with. It was tough to keep the boat going straight while trolling. The w... died down a little about 5:00 and it was pleasant til dark. We boated about 15 fish most of them reeled in by my 5 yr old son and his 6 year old cousin. Sure is fun to watch their eyes light up when they are just holding that fly rod and then all of sudden WHAM! and the fish is on and the drag is screaming. We caught all the fish except one on wooly buggers and got one on a tube jig. All were cutts in the slot with the bigest being about 20 inches. Another very fun day at the Berry.

Bigcat
[signature]
nice report, i love taking little kids fishing. my lil sisters are with me sometimes, and that is always fun.
Joe
[signature]