Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South fork Browns
hey has anybody been up to PaliSades dam lately to chuck tubes at those big boys! We need to get more posts on here 2 days without one, I am sure we all have something to say
[signature]
i go up there quite often. i just leave out reports since i dont like a influx of people in coming to places that you can fish by yourself alot of the time. i will say its worthwhile and that tubes arent the only thing that catch fish up there even if doug millers show says it is hehe.
[signature]
so are they running right now have you already been up there this year
[signature]
This board has been slow lately. The browns start thinking about the spawn about right now and should be on redds through the end of November.
[signature]
[Smile] Today was a great day! We drove up to the PaliSades Dam to fish for the Browns. I knew we were a little early for the spawn but I wanted to try it any way. It started out very slow but the people fishing with worms were doing great I saw other groups catch a total of 10 fish not any big ones but 14-18 inch fish decked out in their spawning colors. Our group had not had a hit until I moved down to the cable that goes across the river. Then I saw a decent fish rise casted my white 4 inch tube at it and Boom the fish hit and took of taking at least 25 yards of line out. After a long battle with it I brought to shore a 23 inch Male Brown Beautiful fish. It was just a perfect day even thought our group only caught the one geese flying overhead the fall colors and a beautiful evening made this trip one of the best, I highly recomend this trip to everybody and its only going to get better! Tight Lines
[signature]
good looking brown. im not sure when the browns spawn specifically in the south fork. i dont usually fish the spawn there for them. but if they act like any other brown it will start here real soon. look for water temp needs to be around 53 to get them going.
[signature]
how did the hunt go? just curious. also we wil be in that neck of the woods nxt weekend if your interested in a trip.
[signature]
Nice pictures. I bet that you weren't disapointed that you caught one big one instead of a bunch of little ones.
[signature]
I would much rather catch the bigens instead of the dinks, headed up there again on friday followed by an early morning fish at Henrys
[signature]
Xman,
I "whacked" a little buck on the last day I was able to get out. I had opportunities at a number of better bucks but never got a shot at one of the big ones I was looking for.
I also sent you a PM.
[signature]
Everet14,
Good luck this weekend.
[signature]
thats cool. i shot a small buck the second day of the hunt for the muzzleloader. im glad im not a trophy hunter saved me all the time of hunting for something "big" and now im chewin on steaks that are tasty. i always believed you cant eat antlers so i dont hunt for them.
hey everett ill be up there also.
[signature]
Hey Xman are you going up friday or saturday if you are there friday look for the kid decked out in U of U fan gear. Good Luck and Go Utes!
[signature]
ill be on the other side of the border though. good luck
[signature]
Everet,

Did you fish Henrys Lake or the South Fork for browns this week?

Bill
[signature]
hey Bill,
I did, I fished henrys lake friday night to avoid the crowds of saturday. Fishing was fast and furios at the cliffs i caught two small a 16 and 17 inch cutt on my first two casts. my dad caught a nice 20 inch cutt and then I remembered what you said about the christmas flies and boy were you right I hooked a personal best hybrid but after an extremely long fight th3e fish frayed the loop conector and snapped of boy was i mad! It probably was 8-9 pounds! Anyway all of the fish caught were small. but we ended up catching 8 with several others hooked.
[signature]